Polity Quiz For SSC IAS PCS
By: D.K. Choudhary
1. The feature of Indian constitution borrowed from South African constitution is:
A. Procedure established by law
B. Procedure for amendment of constitution and election of Rajya Sabha members
C. Method of election of President
D. Joint Sitting of the Parliament
2. The first Indian person to be inducted into the Viceroy’s Executive Council was:
A. Dadabhai Naoroji
B. Sachichidanand Sinha
C. Satyendra Prasad Sinha
D. Satyendranath Tagore
E. Satyendra Prasad Sinha
3. Which of the following statement/s is/are correct:
A. Indian territory can be ceded to a foreign state without amending the constitution as mentioned in article 368.
B. Resolution of boundary dispute between India and another country does not require constitutional amendment.
4.Which of the following articles are correctly matched:
1. Election Commission – Article 338.
2. Finance Commission – Article 280.
3. National Commission for SCs – Article. 324
4. CAG – Article 148.
5. Attorney General of India – Article 76.
A. All except 1 & 5.
B. All except 1 & 3.
C. All except 2 & 5.
D. None of the above options are correct.
5. Article 32 confers the right to remedies for the enforcement of the FR of an aggrieved citizen. Consider the following statements w.r.t article 32.
1. Parliament can suspend this right during national emergency.
2. Only SC shall have the power to issue writs for the enforcement of any of the FR.
Correct statement/s is/are:
A. 1 only.
B. 2 only.
6. The emoluments, allowances, privileges and so on of Governor can be altered by:
A. A Constitutional Amendment Bill passed by simple majority of Parliament.
B. A Constitutional Amendment Bill passed by special majority of Parliament.
C. A Constitutional Amendment Bill passed by special majority of the Parliament and ratified by half of the state legislatures.
D. By a normal legislative process that does not require Constitutional Amendment.
7. The Representatives of states & UT in the Rajya Sabha are elected by:
1. . The members of the State Legislative Assembly only.
2. The elected members of the State Legislative Assembly only.
3. The system of proportional representation by single transferrable vote.
4. The system of proportional representation by List.
A. 1 & 3.
B. 1 & 4.
C. 2 & 3.
D. 2 & 4.
8. Which of the following criteria is laid down by the constitution for a person to be chosen a member of parliament:
1. If a candidate is to contest a seat reserved for SC / ST, he must be a member of a SC / ST in any state or Union Territory.
2. He/she must not have been punished for preaching and practicing social crimes such as untouchability, dowry & sati.
3. He/she must not have any interest in government contracts, works or services.
A. 1 only.
B. 2 & 3 only.
C. 1, 2, & 3.
D. None of these.
9. Which of the following statements are correct.
1. If a MLA is elected to be a MP, his seat in parliament becomes vacant if he does not resign his seat in the state legislature within 14 days.
2. If a person is elected to two seats in a house, he should exercise his option for one. Otherwise both seats become vacant.
A. 1 only.
B. 2 only.
10. The office of the ‘Whip’ is mentioned in:
1. Constitution of India.
2. Rules of the house.
3. In a separate Parliamentary Statute.
2. E) Satyendra Prasad Sinha
5. D – Only President can suspend this right during national emergency. HC can also issue writs for enforcement of FR.
6. A – Second schedule – Simple majority only.