By: D.K Choudhary
Q.1 Who among the following presides over the Lok sabha in the absence of speaker or deputy speaker of Lok Sabha? (SSC 2003)
(1) A member nominated by the members of the president
(2) A member nominated by the members of the parliament present in the house.
(3) A person from the penal formed by the speaker of the Lok Sabha.
(4) A senior most member of the House.
Q.2 Indian parliament includes? (SSC 2003)
(1) Lok Sabha And Rajya Sabha (2) Only Lok Sabha
(3) President and Lok Sabha (4) President, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
Q.3 What is the minimum age of prescribed for becoming a member of Rajya Sabha?
(1) 25 Years (2) 21 Years
(3) 30 Years (4) 35 Years
Q.4 The Presidential Government operates on the principle of? (SSC CGL 2004)
(1) Division of powers between Center and State
(2) Centralization of powers
(3) Balance of powers
(4) Separation of powers
Q.5 What is the maximum time interval permitted between two sessions of parliament?
(SSC CGL 2004)
(1) 4 Months (2) 6 Months
(3) 8 Months (4) 9 Months
Q.6 The item “Education” belongs to the? (SSC CGL 2004)
(1) Union List (2) State List
(3) Concurrent List (4) Residuary Subject
Q.7 What is the maximum number of the elected members of Rajya Sabha?
(SSC CPO 2004)
(1) 250 (2) 238
(3) 245 (4) 248
Q.8 The joint session of the two houses of parliament is convened? (SSC CPO 2004)
(1) Only in case of national emergency
(2) When a bill passed by one house is rejected by the other house
(3) Taxes approved by one house are rejected by the other house
(4) Both 2,and 3
Q.9 The president’s Rule is imposed on a State in India, when? (SSC CPO 2004)
(1) The State Cabinet of ministers resigns
(2) The Governor of the State dies
(3) The elections are announced
(4) There is a constitutional breakdown
Q.10 In Indian parliament, a Bill may be sent to a select committee? (SSC CPO 2004)
(1) After the first reading
(2) After the second reading
(3) After general discussion during second reading
(4) At any stage at the discretion of the Speaker.