Polity Quiz 19 August 2016 (English)
By: D.K Choudhary
Q.1 Under the constitution the power issue a writ of Habeas Corpus is vested in?
(1) High Court alone (2) Supreme Court alone
(3) Both High court and supreme court (4) All Courts down to the District Court
Q.2 Which of the following is a bulwark of personal freedom? (SSC 2006)
(1) Mandamus (2) Habeas Corpus
(3) Quo-Warrnato (4) Certiorari
Q.3 The writ for the enforcement of fundamental Right are issue by? (SSC 2007)
(1) The Parliament (2) The President
(3) The Supreme Court (4) The Election Commission
Q.4 Evaluate the following Statements? (SSC 2007)
(I) The legal interpretation of equality is chiefly influenced by equality before low and equal protection of low.
(II) Equality before law leans rule of law.
(1) (I) is correct but (II) is incorrect
(2) (II) is correct but (I) is incorrect
(3) Both are correct
(4) Both are incorrect
Q.5 A writ issued by the Supreme court compelling a quasi Judicial / public authority to perform its mandatory duty is? (SSC 2007)
(1) Quo warranto (2) Mandamus
(3) Certiorari (4) Prohibition
Q.6 Which part of the constitution deals with the Directive Principles of state policy?
(1) Part III (2) Part IV
(3) Part I (4) Part II
Q.7 Fundamental duties were added to the constitution by? (FCI 2012)
(1) 24th Amendment (2) 39th Amendment
(3) 42nd Amendment (4) 44th Amendment
Q.8 A Secular state is one which : (FCI 2012)
(1) Has no relision of its own (2) Is irreligious
(3) Is Anti-Religion
(4) Takes into consideration the religious sentiments of the people.
Q.9 Freedom of the press is implied in the right to? (SSC 1999)
(1) Equal protection of the laws (2) Freedom of Speech
(3) Freedom of association (4) Work and material security
Q.10 Fundamental Right granted to the Inadian citizens? (SSC 1999)
(1) Cannot be suspended (2) Can be suspended
(3) Can, never be suspended under any circumstance (4) None of these