By: D.K Choudhary
1. Setting up of which one of the following is not stated in the constitution of India ?
(A) Planning Commission
(B) Finance Commission
(C) Election Commission
(D) Union Public Service Commission
2. A Money Bill in the Parliament can be introduced only with the recommendation of the—
(A) President of India
(B) Union Cabinet
(C) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(D) Union Finance Minister
3. Panchayats at the intermediate level may not be constituted in a state, having a population less than—
(A) Ten Lakhs
(B) Fifteen Lakhs
(C) Twenty Lakhs
(D) Twenty five Lakhs
4. Who has been the only Lok Sabha Speaker to have become the President of India ?
(A) Gyani Zail Singh
(B) V. V. Giri
(C) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
(D) K. R. Narayanan
5. What does the Constitution (Ninety Second Amendment) Act, 2003 deal with ?
(A) Creation of a separate National Commission for Scheduled Tribes
(B) Cyber Crime
(C) Inclusion of Bodo, Dogri, Maithili and Santhali languages in the Eighth Schedule
(D) Making right to free and compulsory education a fundamental right
6. Who among the following is the Chairman of the Steering Committee to oversee the functions of the National Authority Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) ?
(A) The President
(B) The Prime Minister
(C) The National Security Adviser
(D) The Cabinet Secretary
7. Who presides over the joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha ?
(A) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(B) The Vice-President
(C) The President
(D) The Union Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
8. The electoral college that elects the Vice-President of India consists of—
(A) Members of Rajya Sabha only
(B) Elected members of both the houses of Parliament
(C) Members of both the houses of Parliament
(D) Members of the Rajya Sabha and the Legislative Assemblies of states
9. Which one of the following political theories advocates the withering away of the state and ushering in a new society in which there will be no state and no ceasses ?
(B) Democratic Socialism
(D) Fabian Socialism
10. Recently, who among the following took over as Chief Election Commissioner from B.B. Tandon ?
(A) M. Damodaran
(B) N. Gopalaswamy
(C) Y. V. Reddy
(D) S. Y. Qureshi
11. When did the United Nations Organization come into existence ?
(A) October 24, 1945
(B) October 24, 1943
(C) November 26, 1945
(D) November 26, 1943
12. According to the Preamble of the Constitution, India is a—
(A) Sovereign democratic socialist republic
(B) Sovereign socialist secular republic
(C) Sovereign democratic republic
(D) Sovereign socialist secular democratic republic
13. Match list-I with list-II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists—
(State) (Full statehood granted in)
(a) Goa 1. 1966
(b) Haryana 2. 1972
(c) Meghalaya 3. 1975
(d) Sikkim 4. 1987
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 1 2 4
(B) 4 2 1 3
(C) 3 2 1 4
(D) 4 1 2 3
14. Consider the following statements—
1. In the Lok Sabha, 12 members are nominated by the President of India.
2. In the Rajya Sabha, a maximum of 2 members of the Anglo-Indian community can be nominated by the President of India.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(A) 1 only
(B) 2 only
(C) Both 1 and 2
(D) Neither 1 nor 2
15. Who among the following has not been a Chief Justice of India ?
(A) R. C. Lahoti
(B) G. B. Pattanaik
(C) S. S. Gill
(D) V. N. Khare
16. Who among the following had the longest tenure as the Prime Minister of India ?
(A) Morarji Desai
(B) Charan Singh
(C) V. P. Singh
(D) Lal Bhadur Shastri
17. Who presides over the meetings of the Lok Sabha?
(B) Vice President
(C) Prime Minister
18. Where is the headquarters of the UNO ?
(B) The Hague
(C) New York
19. What is the maximum time interval permissible between two successive sessions of the Parliament ?
(A) Four months
(B) Six months
(C) Eight months
(D) Nine months
20. What is the minimum age laid down for a candidate to seek election to the Lok Sabha ?
(A) 18 years
(B) 21 years
(C) 25 years
(D) 30 years
21. Which are the two states (other than UP) having the highest representation in Lok Sabha ?
(A) Bihar and Madhya Pradesh
(B) Bihar and Maharashtra
(C) Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
(D) Tamil Nadu and Rajasthan
22. What is the period of appointment of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India ?
(A) 6 years
(B) 6 years or 65 years of age whichever is earlier
(C) Upto 65 years of age
(D) Upto 64 years of age
23. The Finance Commission is premarily Concerned with recommending to the president about—
(A) The principle governing grants in aid to be given to the states
(B) Distributing the net proceeds of the taxes between the centre and the states
(C) Neither (A) Nor (B)
(D) Both (A) and (B)
24. The Parliament can make law for the whole or any part of India for implementing international
(A) With the consent of all the states
(B) With the consent of majority of states
(C) With the consent of states conerned
(D) Without the consent of any state
25. Rajya Sabha can delay the Finance Bill sent for its consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of—
(A) One month
(B) One year
(C) Seven days
(D) Fourteen days
26. The first day session of the Indian Constituent Assembly was chaired by—
(A) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(B) Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
(C) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(D) Dr. Sachchidanand Sinha
27. Which one of the following is not a department in the Ministry of Human Resource Development ?
(A) Department of elementary education and literacy
(B) Department of Secondary and Higher Education
(C) Department of technical education
(D) Department of women and child development
28. Who is known as the First Law Officer of India ?
(A) Chief Justice of India
(B) Law Minister of India
(C) Attorney General of India
(D) Law Secretary
29. The Comptroller and Auditor General is appointed by the President. He can be remvoed—
(A) By the President
(B) On the address from both Houses of Parliament
(C) By the Supreme Court
(D) On the recommendation of the President by the Supreme Court
30. Who will decide the office of profit ?
(A) President and Governor
(B) Union Parliament
(C) Supreme Court
(D) Union Public Service Commission
1. (A) 2. (A) 3. (C) 4. (C) 5. (C) 6. (D) 7. (A) 8. (C) 9. (C) 10. (B) 11. (A)
12. (D) 13. (D) 14. (D) 15. (C) 16. (A) 17. (A) 18. (C) 19. (B) 20. (C) 21. (B) 22. (B)
23. (D) Finance Commission is a constitutional body and plays an important role in settling centre state financial relations.
24. (D) 25. (D) 26. (D) 27. (C) 28. (C) 29. (A) 30. (A)