By: D.K Choudhary
Q.1 How many times the president of India can seek re-election to his post? (SSC 2008)
(1) Once (2) 2 times (3) 3 Times (4) Any number of times
Q.2 Match List (I) with List (II) and select the correct answer using to code given blow the Lists:
- Member of Parliament
- Elected by a Electoral College
- Elected by the Parliament
- Elected by the Lok Sabha
- Elected by adult voting
(A) (B) (C) (D)
(1) 1 2 3 4
(2) 2 3 4 1
(3) 3 4 1 2
(4) 4 1 2 3
Q.3 Which of the following appointments is not made by the president of India?
(1) Speaker of the Lok Sabha (2) Chief Justice of India
(3) Chief of Air Staff (4) Chief of Army
Q.4 The cabinet committee on economic affairs has recently raised the emoluments of the president the vice-president and the governors, the emolument payable to the president has been raised to? (SSC 2008)
(1) Rs. 1.00 Lakh from Rs. 50000 per months
(2) Rs. 1.50 Lakh from Rs. 50000 per months
(3) Rs. 1.75 Lakh from Rs. 75000 per months
(4) Rs. 2.00 Lakh from Rs. 1.00 Lakh per months
Q.5 What is the tenure of the prime minister of India? (SSC 2009)
(1) Conterminous with the tenure of the Lok Sabha
(2) Conterminous with the tenure of the president
(3) As long as he enjoys the support of a majority in the Lok Sabha
(4) Five years
Q.6 Which of the following is true regarding “No confidence Motion” in the parliament? (SSC 2009)
(A) There is no motion of it in the constitution.
(B) A period of six months must lapse between the introduction of one “No confidence motion” and another.
(C) Atleast 100 persons must support such a motion before it is introduced in the house.
(D) It can be introduced in the Lok Sabha anly.
(1) B, and D (2) A, B, C and D
(3) A, B and C (4) A, and B
Q.7 Who hold the office of the Vice-President of India for two consecutive terms? (SSC CPO 2009)
(1) Dr. S Radhakrishnan (2) Mr. R. Vankataraman
(3) Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma (4) Mr. V.V Giri
Q.8 When there is a vacancy in the office of the president and the vice-president at the same time, the office is held temporarily by? (SSCCPO 2009)
(1) A person nominated by both the house of parliament.
(2) The Speaker of Lok Sabha.
(3) The deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha.
(4) The Chief Justice of India.
Q.9 The parliamentary committee which scrutinizes the report of the comptroller and auditor general of India is? (SSC CPO 2009)
(1) Estimates committee (2) Select committee
(3) Public Account committee (4) None of these
Q.10 The prime minister of India is ? (SSC CGL 2010)
(1) Elected (2) Appointed
(3) Nominated (4) Selected