Indian Polity Quiz SSC CGL 10 May 2016
By: D.K Choudhary
1. The following article of the Indian Constitution abolished the practice of untouchability.
a) Article 14
b) Article 18
c) Article 17
d) Article 19
2. Which of these is NOT included as a Fundamental Right in the Indian Constitution ?
a) Right to Freedom of Speech
b) Right to Equality before the Law
c) Right to Constitutional Remedies
d) Right to equal wages for equal work
3. Bills of which of the following categories can be initiated only in Lok Sabha ?
a) Ordinary Bill
b) Private Members Bill
c) Money Bill
d) Constitution Amendment Bill
4. From the following languages listed in the English Schedule of the Constitution pick out the one which is the official language of State ?
5. Who is authorised to transfer the Judge the one High Court to another High Court ?
a) The President
b) The Chief Justice of India
c) A Collegium of Judges of the Supreme Court
d) The Law Minister
6. Which of the following can a court issue for enforcement of Fundamental Rights ?
a) A degree
b) An Ordinance
c) A writ
d) A notification
7. Which Commission made the recommendations which formed the basis for the Punjab Reorganisations Act which created the states Punjab and Haryana ?
a) Dhar Commission
b) Dass Commission
c) Shah Commission
d) Mahajan Commission
8. Which of the following Standing Committees of Parliament has no MP form Rajya Sabha ?
a) Public Committee
b) Estimates Committee
c) Committee on Public Undertakings
d) Committee on Government Assurances
9. How are legislative excesses of Parliament and Assemblies Checked ?
a) Intervention from President Governor
b) No Confidence motions
c) Judicial review
d) General elections
10. Under the Directive Principles of State Policy, up to what age of the children. they are expected to be provided free and compulsory education ?
a) 14 years
b) 15 years
c) 16 years
d) 18 years