By: D.K Choudhary
Q.1 Who is authorized to transfer the Judge of one High Court to an other High Court? (SSC 2002)
(1) The President (2) The Chief Justice of India
(3) A Collegium of Judge of the Supreme Court (4) The Low Minister
Q.2 The Civil affairs like marriage, divorce, inheritance etc. which has been authorized by the constitution to make legal laws? (SSC 2002)
(1) Centre by the Union list of the constitution.
(2) States by the state list of the constitution.
(3) Centre and State by the concurrent list of the constitution.
(4) Religious authorities which have relation to individual affairs.
Q.3 Why did one of the High Courts in India decree that “Bandhs are unconstitutional and punitive”? (SSC 2003)
(1) It infringes on the fundamental rights of some groups of people.
(2) It is not in exercise of a fundamental freedom.
(3) It adversely affects production.
(4) It is not part of a right to protest.
Q.4 To whome can a case of dispute in the election of the President of India be referred to? (SSC 2003)
(1) Election Commission (2) Parliament
(3) Supreme Courts (4) Cabinet
Q.5 What is the category in which the negotiating strategy of a strike by the Government employees falls? (SSC 2003)
(1) Fundamental rights of freedom of association and expression.
(2) Legal Right
(3) Trade Union right as common law.
(4) There is no right.
Q.6 Which of the following is at the apex of the subordinate criminal courts? (SSC 2003)
(1) Supreme Court (2) High Court
(3) Courts of Sessions Judge (4) Courts of District Judge
Q.7 Which among the following courts has the original jurisdiction to hear petition and give decision challenging election of the Lok Sabha/ Vidhan Sabha? (SSC 2003)
(1) District Court of a constituency.
(2) High Court of the State.
(3) Special Judge authorized by the chief Justice of India.
(4) Supreme Court.
Q.8 Who is empowered to transfer a judge from one High court to another High court? (SSC 2004)
(1) Chief Justice of India. (2) President of India
(3) Law minister of India (4) The union cabinet
Q.9 The main function of the judiciary is? (SSC 2005)
(1) law function (2) law execution
(3) law adjudication (4) law application
Q.10 The salaries and emoluments of the Judges of the Supreme court are charged on? (SSC 2005)
(1) The Reserve Bank of India (2) The contingency Fund of India
(3) The consolidated Fund of India (4) The Finance commission