By: D.K Chaudhary
1. List of MOUs and Agreements Signed on Visit of PM Modi to Stockholm
i. MOUs/Agreements between India and Sweden
- Joint Declaration on India-Sweden Innovation Partnership for a Sustainable Future between Ministry of Science and Technology of India and the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation.
ii. MOUs/Agreements between India and Denmark
- MOU on Cooperation in the field of Sustainable and Smart Urban Development between the Ministry for Housing and Urban Affairs of India and the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs of Denmark.
- MOU on Cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying between Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare of India and the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration, Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark.
- MOU on Food Safety Cooperation between the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India and the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.
- MOU on Cooperation in Agricultural Research and Education between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and the University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Denmark.
iii. MOUs/Agreements between India and Iceland
- MOU on the Establishment of the ICCR Chair for Hindi Language between Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the University of Iceland.
- Sweden Capital- Stockholm, Currency- Swedish krona.
- Denmark Capital- Copenhagen, Currency- Danish krone.
- Iceland Capital- Reykjavik, Currency- Icelandic króna.
2. Commerce Ministry Launches Digital Platform for MSME Exporters
i. Commerce and Industry Minister launched the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) GlobalLinker platform for MSME exporters in New Delhi. This move is aimed at assisting the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) engaged in exports.
ii. This initiative will help in expanding India’s multi-focused export strategy and also aid in connecting art and artisans to the market. FIEO GlobalLinker is setup with a view to make the business growth of SMEs simpler, more profitable and enjoyable.
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations was set up in 1965.
- It was set up by Union Ministry of Commerce.
3. DARPAN-PLI App Launched by Communications Ministry
i. Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha launched here the DARPAN (Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office for a New India)-PLI App, which will help in collection of premium for Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) policies at Branch Post Offices anywhere in India, with online updation of the policies.
ii. Further, with the launch of this App, indexing of maturity claims in respect of PLI and RPLI policies can be done at Branch Post Office itself, upon which the insurant will immediately be provided with the request number for further references.
- Department of Posts has launched DARPAN Project.
- It aims at connecting all 1.29 lakh Rural Branch Post Offices in the country to enable them to do online Postal and Financial Transactions.
4. Odisha’s 2nd Longest River Bridge Opened
i. The much-awaited bridge ‘Ib Setu’ built over the Ib river in Sambalpur district was thrown open to the public by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. The 2.5-km-long bridge, which is the State’s second longest bridge, has been built in three years at a cost of Rs. 117.50 crore.
ii. The bridge has helped establish direct road connectivity between Sambalpur and Brajarajnagar and the distance has now been reduced by 50 km.
- Odisha CM- Naveen Patnaik, Governor- Satya Pal Malik (In-charge).
- Hirakud Dam built on Mahanadi River is situated in Odisha.
5. Signature of MoU Between GIFAS (France) and SIDM (India)
i. The Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) and the Groupement des Industries Françaises Aeronautiques et Spatiales (GIFAS) signed an MoU on the sidelines of a major industrial mission in India in the field of aerospace and defence organised by GIFAS with the support of SIDM.
ii. This agreement aims to promote a sustainable framework for present and future partnerships and cooperative actions between the French aerospace industry and the Indian defence industry by reaffirming the necessity to expand trade, through stronger economic and industrial cooperation, between France and India, and towards export customers.
- France Capital- Paris, Currency- Euro, President- Emmanuel Macron.