1. TN Govt Launches Mobile App Bi-lingual ‘Uzhavan’ for Farmers
i. In a bid to use technology for farmers’ benefit, Tamil Nadu government has come out with a mobile application named ‘Uzhavan’ (farmer) app that will allow ryots to have access to nine types of services. It was launched by Chief Minister K Palaniswami.
ii. The app can be used by farmers to get information on farm subsidies, book farm equipment and related infrastructure and get details on their crop insurance, besides receiving weather forecast for the next four days. Palaniswami also launched the ‘Amma Bio-Fertiliser’ scheme.
2. Patna Tops in 4G Connectivity Among 20 Largest Cities: Report
i. Patna tops in 4G connectivity among 20 of India’s largest cities. It has emerged ahead of the likes of Bengaluru, Mumbai and Delhi, according to the report of OpenSignal, a wireless coverage mapping company.
ii. Four cities from India’s central and eastern regions—Patna, Kanpur, Allahabad, Kolkata, Bhopal and Lucknow—made it to the top 10 while popular tech hubs like Bengaluru are at 10, followed by Hyderabad, Mumbai and Delhi.
3. ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ Launched to Support Farmers
i. The Haryana government has launched the ‘Gobardhan Yojana’ to provide for the sale of organic manure and cow urine with an aim to benefit farmers. A provision of Rs 11 crore has been made to provide benefits of various projects under this scheme.
ii. The Gobardhan Yojana would help in doubling the income of farmers and next time, the MSP would be given with additional benefit of 50% over the cost of production.
- Haryana CM- Manohar Lal Khattar, Governor- Kaptan Singh Solanki.
4. IAF to Conduct Biggest Combat Exercise Along Pakistan, China Borders
i. The Indian Air Force (IAF) is going to conduct its biggest ever combat exercise named Gagan Shakti, 2018 along Pakistan and China borders. Depending upon the order of the Air Force Chief, the Air Force will mobilise its assets in the war scenario within 48 hours of the orders.
ii. For the first time, the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas will be taking part in the exercise and will perform both the offensive and defensive roles.
- Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa is the present Chief of Air Staff.
5. Centre, Maharashtra Govt & World Bank sign 420 Million Dollar Project
i. The Centre, Maharastra Government and the World Bank have signed a 420 million dollar project to help small and marginals farmers in the Marathwada and Vidarbha region of the state.
ii. The Maharashtra Project for Climate Resilient Agriculture will be implemented in rural areas largely dependent upon rain-fed agriculture. The project will take up a series of activities at the farm and watershed level.
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim
- Headquarters of World Bank: Washington, DC
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra- Devendra Fadnavis