By: D.K Chaudhary
1. India 3rd Most Vulnerable Country to Cyber Threats
i. India emerged as the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats, such as malware, spam and ransomware, in 2017, according to a report by security solutions provider Symantec.
ii. In 2017, 5.09% of global threats detected were in India. The U.S. (26.61%) was most vulnerable to such attacks, followed by China (10.95%), according to ‘Internet Security Threat Report’.
2. Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018: Indian, Korean Coast Guards Hold Joint Exercise
i. Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise ‘Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018’ was conducted off the Chennai coast, in Tamil Nadu. The Korean Coast Guard ship ‘Bodaro’ took part in the exercise.
ii. Indian Coast Guard deployed a Dornier aircraft to carry out a sea-air coordinated search along with ICG Shaurya, Rani Abbakka, C-423, C-431 in the exercise.
- Director General of Indian Coast Guard is Rajendra Singh and Commissioner of Korean Coast Guard is General Park Kyung.
3. Turkey Hosts Critical Summit on Syria War With Russia and Iran
i. The presidents of Iran, Turkey and Russia met for their second tripartite summit in under six months, aiming to speed the peace process for Syria and bolster their influence in the country.
ii. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan hosted his Russian and Iranian counterparts Vladimir Putin and Hassan Rouhani in Ankara for a meeting that could have a critical bearing on developments in Syria.
- Iran Capital- Tehran, Currency- Iranian Rial.
- Turkey Capital- Ankara, Currency- Turkish lira.
- Russia Capital- Moscow, Currency- Russian ruble.
4. India and Azerbaijan Ink 2 Agreements
i. India and Azerbaijan have inked two documents for the visa waiver for diplomatic, official and service passports holders and cooperation between diplomatic training institutes.
ii. The agreements were signed during the ongoing visit of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to that country. Ms Swaraj is there to be part of 18th NAM Ministerial Conference in Baku.
- President of Azerbaijan- Ilham Aliyev, Capital- Baku, Currency- Azerbaijani manat.
5. FIEO and PayPal Inks MoU
i. Digital payments company PayPal and the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) signed an agreement for the promotion of outbound shipments among small and medium enterprises (SMEs) leveraging the partners’ expertise and technology products.
ii. As part of the agreement, PayPal will work with FIEO to educate SMEs on how to leverage global opportunities, help them receive money in a safe and timely manner with PayPal products. FIEO contributes to more than 70% of India’s exports.
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) headquarters in New Delhi.
- Ganesh Kumar Gupta is the President of FIEO.