By: D.K Choudhary
Union Petroleum Ministry launches MoPNG e Seva
ii. It is a dedicated grievances redressal platform on Social Media for all queries and grievances relating to Oil and Gas Sector.
ESIC launched Mobile Clinic Services in AP and Telangana
i. The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) launched Mobile Clinic Services for the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
ii. Union minister of state for labour and employment Bandaru Dattatreya, launched the ESIC Mobile Clinic Services by flagging off ‘Jan Suraksha Ambulances’.
iii. It is for the first time in the country that the ESIC Mobile Clinic Services are launched in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Odisha becomes first state to bring banking to remote rural areas through SHG
i. Odisha became the first state in the country to carry financial inclusion and extend banking services to unbanked areas through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
ii. The state government signed an agreement with State Bank of India in this regard. The system would be of great help to people in rural areas under social security schemes.
KVB bags ‘best small bank’ award
ii. This is the eighth award won by KVB in the current fiscal.
Vijaya Bank inks MoU with Piaggio Vehicles
i. Vijaya Bank entered into an MoU with Piaggio Vehicles for providing financial support for the purchase of vehicles under Small Road Transport Operators (SRTO) scheme in Bengaluru.
ii. Vijaya Bank Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Dr. Kishore Sansi flagged off the first batch of vehicles under the MoU in the presence of Piaggio Vehicles Vice-President Praveen Nagpal.
Syndicate Bank opens 40 ‘Ananya’ branches
i. Syndicate Bank digitally inaugurated 40 ‘Ananya’ transformed branches. Project Ananya is a two-year large-scale transformation project undertaken by the bank to provide customers with ‘best in class’ services while improving and modernizing the whole bank.
ii. The aim is to enhance customer experience, improve sales focus, and improve digital transactions through a dedicated digit zone. The bank also launched its first MSME hub in Bengaluru.
Bharat Dynamics, L&T sign up for torpedo export
i. Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL), a defence public sector undertaking, signed an MoU with Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for export of torpedoes.
ii. The torpedoes are designed and developed at Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL), Visakhaptnam and manufactured by BDL.
ICICI Bank partners with Truecaller
i. ICICI Bank announced a partnership with mobile app firm Truecaller for a new UPI-based mobile payment service.The new feature called as Truecaller Pay, and it will allow users of the app to instantly create a UPI ID, send money to any UPI ID or a mobile number registered with the BHIM app.
ii. It will also enable users to recharge their mobile number from within the Truecaller app itself.
Truecaller partners with Google
i. Leading communication app Truecaller has tied up with Google to integrate the tech giant’s video calling app Duo within the Truecaller app.
ii. According to the agreement, Truecaller integration with Google Duo will be available in the Android and iOS as a permission-based service, where users will be able to opt-in and out at any time.
Indian-American Vanita Gupta appointed president of ‘Leadership Conference’
i. Indian-American Vanita Gupta has been appointed as president and CEO of ‘The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights’, becoming the first woman to head the prestigious organization.
ii. She will replace Wade Henderson who is stepping down after more than two decades. She will begin her new role on June 1, 2017.
Filmmaker Gurinder Chadha gets Sikh Jewel Award
i. Indian-origin British Director Gurinder Chadha has been honored with the Sikh Jewel Award for 2017 for her immense contribution to British cinema.
ii. Chadha, whose films include Bhaji on the Beach, Bend It Like Beckham and Bride and Prejudice, received the award from UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon. The event was organized by the British Sikh Association.
CCI imposes reduced penalty of Rs591 crore on Coal India for fuel supply pacts
i. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has imposed a reduced penalty of Rs 591 crore on Coal India Ltd for fuel supply pacts.
ii. CCI asked Coal India to modify the Fuel Supply Agreements (FSAs) and also ensure that uniformity between old and new power producers as well as between private and state power producers.
Minoru Kato appointed as new HMSI CEO
i. Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) has appointed Minoru Kato as a new President and Chief Executive Office of the company effective from April 1, 2017.
ii. He will be replacing Keita Muramatsu, the current President & CEO who spear-headed Honda’s Indian two-wheeler operations for the last six years.
Eminent Jurist TR Andhyarujina Passes Away
Satwik-Chirag pair wins Vietnam Challenger
i. Promising Indian men’s doubles pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty clinched the $20,000 Vietnam Open International challenger badminton doubles title after defeating Thai pair of Trawut Potieng and Nanthakam Yordphaisong in a final in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Important Takeaways from above G.K. update are as follows
- BDL and L&T signed an MoU for export of torpedoes
- Torpedoes are cigar-shaped self-propelled underwater missile designed to be fired from a ship or submarine
- Bharat Dynamics Ltd headquarter is in Hyderabad
- BDL was founded in 1970
- KVB bank has bagged the ‘best small bank’award 2016
- KVB headquarter is in Karur, Tamil Nadu
- KVB bank founded in 1916
- KVB bank slogan is ‘smart way to bank’
- Union Petroleum Ministry launches MoPNG e-Seva
- Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas is Shri Dharmendra Pradhan
- MoPNG dedicated grievances redressal platform on Social Media for all queries and grievances
- Odisha becomes the first state to bring banking to remote rural areas through SHG
- Self-Help Group (SHG) is a small voluntary association of poor people, preferably from the same socio-economic background
- Chief Minister of Odisha is Shri Naveen Patnaik
- Governor of Odisha is Shri S. C. Jamir
- Syndicate bank has digitally inaugurated 40 ‘Ananya’ transformed branches
- Headquartered in Karnataka, it was founded in 1925
- Syndicate bank CEO is Arun Shrivastava
- Slogan of Syndicate bank is ‘Faithful Friendly’
- Vijaya bank entered into an MoU with Piaggio Vehicles
- Vijaya bank headquarter is in Bengaluru
- Vijaya bank was founded in 1931 by A.B. Shetty
- Vijaya bank CEO is Kishore Kumar Sansi.
- Senior Advocate and eminent jurist Tehmtan R. Andhyarujina passed away
- He authored ‘The Kesavananda Bharati Case: The untold story of struggle for supremacy by Supreme Court and Parliament’
- ESIC launched Mobile Clinic Services for Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
- Union minister of state for labour and employment is Bandaru Dattatreya
- ESIC day is observed on 24th February of every year
- Vanita Gupta has been appointed as president and CEO of ‘The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights’
- She has replaced Wade Henderson
- She will begin her new role on June 1, 2017.
- Indian-origin British Director Gurinder Chadha has been honored with the Sikh Jewel Award for 2017
- Michael Fallon is UK Defence Secretary
- Y K Sinha is The High Commissioner of India to the UK
- ICICI bank partnered with mobile app firm Truecaller
- CEO of ICICI bank is Chanda Kochhar
- ICICI bank headquarter is in Mumbai
- ICICI bank was founded in 1994
- Truecaller has tied up with Google
- Google headquarter is in U.S.A.
- CEO of Google is Sundar Pichai
- Parent Company of google is Alphabet Inc.
- Google was founded in 1998.