By: D.K Chaudhary
1. Health Ministry Wins Bronze Medal at the India International Trade Fair 2017
i. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has been awarded the Bronze Medal for its creative and informative display at the 37th India International Trade Fair 2017 being held at Pragati Maidan.
ii. The award was presented by Shri C R Chaudhary, Minister of State (Commerce and Industry) at a function organized to award the winners.
- Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda is the Minister of Health and Family Welfare
2. Justice Satrughana Pujahari Sworn in as Madras HC judge
i. Justice Satrughana Pujahari was sworn in as a Judge of the Madras High Court by Chief Justice Indira Banerjee. Justice Satrughana Pujahari had been transferred from the High Court of Orissa to the Madras High Court.
- Madras High court established in 1862.
3. 26th November: Constitution Day Being Celebrated
i. 26th November is Constitution Day. On the day in 1949, the constitution was adopted which came into force on January 26, 1950 marking the beginning of a new era in the history of India. From 2015, the Government is observing 26th November as Constitution Day.
ii. The HRD Ministry has launched a Digital Signature campaign to generate awareness on fundamental duties enshrined in the Constitution. People can join the campaign by filling a form online.
- Minister of Law and Justice- Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Dr BR Ambedkar is known as the Father of Indian Constitution.
4. International Multilateral Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise 2017 begins in Bangladesh
i. The International Multilateral Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise 2017 (IMMSAREX 2017) began in Cox Bazar, Bangladesh.
ii. Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff of Indian Navy, is attending the exercise. The exercise held under the aegis of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS). Indian Naval Ships (INS) Ranvir, Sahyadri, Gharial and Sukanya along with one Maritime Patrol Aircraft P-8I participating in the exercise. An ‘Extraordinary Conclave of Chiefs (ECoC)’ meeting of IONS also held on 28 November 2017.
- Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) was started as an initiative by Indian Navy in 2008.
- Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh.
5. President of India Inaugurates the International Ambedkar Conclave
i. The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the International Ambedkar Conclave, organised by the Forum of SC and ST Legislators and Parliamentarians, in New Delhi.
ii. The President said that the Constitution, of which Dr Ambedkar is considered the Chief Architect, has given our democracy a strong framework.
- Ram Nath Kovind is the 14th President of India.
6. World’s First AI Politician Developed
i. Scientists have developed the world’s first artificial intelligence politician that can answer a person’s queries regarding local issues such as policies around housing, education and immigration.
ii. The virtual politician, called SAM, was created by Nick Gerritsen, a 49-year-old entrepreneur in New Zealand. The AI politician is constantly learning to respond to people through Facebook Messenger as well as a survey on its homepage.
- Capital of New Zealand Wellington.
- PM of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern.
7. Intensive Program to Train Elected Women Representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions Launched
i. The Minister of Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched an intensive training program for Elected Women Representatives (EWRs) of Panchayati Raj Institutions and Master Trainers, in New Delhi.
ii. This capacity building program is being organized by National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD) of the WCD Ministry which will ultimately train approximately twenty thousand EWRs covering nearly 50 EWRs from each district by March, 2018.
8. S&P Retains India’s Sovereign Rating at ‘BBB-‘; Maintains Stable Outlook
i. New York based rating agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P) kept its sovereign rating for India unchanged at ‘BBB-‘, with outlook for the nation as ‘stable’.
ii. BBB- rating is the lowest investment grade and just one notch above junk status. S&P stated that India’s sizable fiscal deficit, low per capita income and high government debt do not warrant a sovereign rating upgrade as of now.
- RBL Bank MD & CEO- Vishwavir Ahuja, Corporate Office- Mumbai, Maharashtra.
9. Global University Employability Ranking 2017 – IISc Ranks 29th in the World
i. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has ranked 29th among the top 150 universities on Global University Employability Ranking 2017 published by Times Higher Education.
ii. Other than IISc, only two institutes from India featured among the top 150. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) ranked 145th and Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) ranked 148th.
- Indian Institute of Science located in Bengaluru, India.
- Anurag Kumar is the director of IISc.
10. Golden Temple Awarded ‘Most Visited Place of the World’
i. The Golden Temple has been awarded the ‘most visited place of the world’ by ‘World Book of Records’ (WBR), a London-based organisation.
ii. General secretary of WBR India chapter, Surbhi Kaul, and president of WBR Punjab chapter, Randeep Singh Kohli, gave this award to Shriomani Gurdwara Pharbandhak Committee (SGPC) chief secretary Roop Singh and other senior officials at Teja Singh Samundari Hall, Amritsar.
- Golden temple is in Amritsar, Punjab.
- Chief Minister of Punjab is Amarinder Singh.