By: D.K Choudhary
ii. These companies will be the future ‘Monument Mitras’ who would associate pride with their CSR activities.
- Jantar Mantar, Delhi.
2. TK International Limited shortlisted for the adoption of –
- Sun Temple, Konark
- Raja Rani Temple, Bhubaneshwar
- Ratnagiri Monuments, Jajpur, Odisha
3. Yatra Online Pvt. Limited shortlisted for the adoption of:
- Hampi, Karnataka
- Leh Palace, Jammu & Kashmir
- Qutub Minar, Delhi
- Ajanta Caves, Maharashtra
4. Travel Corporation of India Ltd. shortlisted for the adoption of:
- Mattancherry Palace Museum, Kochi
- Safdarjung Tomb, Delhi
5. Adventure Tour Operator Association of India shortlisted for the adoption of :
- Gangotri Temple Area and Trail to Gaumukh
- Mt. StokKangri, Laddakh, Jammu and Kashmir
6. Special Holidays Travel Pvt. Ltd. (With) Rotary Club of Delhi shortlisted for the adoption of:
- Agrasen ki Baoli, Delhi
7. NBCC shortlisted for the adoption of:
- Purana Quila, Delhi.
Important Takeaways from Above News for IBPS PO Mains Exam-
- The ‘Adopt a Heritage Scheme’ of Ministry of Tourism was launched on World Tourism Day i.e. 27th September, 2017 by the President of India.
ii. 4 crore and 33 lakh electorates will exercise their right at 50 thousand and 128 polling stations. Counting will be held on 18th December along with Himachal Pradesh, which goes to poll on 9th of November. According to Mr. Joti EVMs with VVPAT will be used at all polling stations.
- Vijaybhai R. Rupani is the present CM of Gujarat.
- Om Prakash Kohli is the present Governor of Gujarat.
ii. The Indian leadership reiterated its support for a negotiated political reconciliation in Afghanistan that is Afghan-led, Afghan-owned and Afghan-controlled.
- Kabul is the Capital and most populated city of Afghanistan.
- Afghani is the Currency of Afghanistan.
- It celebrates National Day on 19 August.
ii. Tamil Nadu’s top officials were asked to maintain a clean environment and also ensure that there were “no unnecessary drawings” on buildings and residential places. The order states that pictures of the chief minister, ministers or politicians cannot be used in posters or hoardings. It has also banned the use of photos of people sponsoring the pictures.
- Banwarilal Purohit is the present Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Edapaddi K Palaniswami is the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
ii. The theme of the event was ‘Ideate, Innovate, Implement and Invest in India’ and it was attended by global industry stalwarts. In the forum, major focus was given on generation of electricity and its distribution across the country. The event was organized by the ASSOCHAM.
- ASSOCHAM stands for Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India.
ii. After the implementation of the revised charges, online transactions will certainly become cheaper. After the revision, no IMPS service charge will be imposed on online transactions under Rs 1000. For the transactions between Rs 1000 and Rs 10,000, the users will have to pay Re 1 while for an amount between Rs 10,001 and Rs 1,00,000, the users will be charged Rs 2.
- Earlier in January, SBI which is the largest commercial bank in the country had reduced charges for NEFT and RTGS transactions up to 75%.
- SBI headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It was established on 1 July 1955.
- Rajnish Kumar is the present Chairman of SBI.
ii. The award was presented to them by Robert Gallo, who discovered HIV as the cause of AIDS‚ at the 19th international meeting of the IHV.
Important Takeaways from Above News-
- AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome) is a syndrome caused by a virus called HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
- The disease alters the immune system, making people much more vulnerable to infections and diseases.
ii. This award recognized it as one of the most innovative Indian companies in the services category at the CII Industrial Innovation Awards ceremony in New Delhi.
Important Takeaways from Above News for RRB PO Mains Exam-
- L & T was founded in 2009
- The Chairman of L & T is A. M. Naik.
ii. The brand value is an athlete’s earnings (excluding salary and bonus from their sport and all investment income), minus the average income of the top 10 athletes in the same sport.
Here is the list of top 10 athletes with highest brand value:
- Kohli is already the World’s Highest Paid Cricketer and among the highest paid athletes in the world.
- He recently went past former Australian captain Ricky Ponting to score 31st ODI century and is now only behind Indian great Sachin Tendulkar (49).
ii. As per the Credit Suisse Research Institute’s (CSRI) latest “CS Family 1000” report, with an average market capitalization of USD 6.5 billion, India ranks 5th in Asia Pacific excluding Japan, and 22nd globally, in terms of average m-cap.
- Average market capitalization of family-owned companies is greatest in Spain (USD 30 billion), the Netherlands (USD 30 billion) and Japan (USD 24 billion).
ii. 52-year-old Miller, ranked on top in the 2018 ‘Powerlist’ of 100 people of African and African Caribbean inheritance published in London by Powerful Media.
- Gina Miller is an investment fund manager and philanthropist.
- She took a legal action against British Prime Minister Theresa May demanding that individual members of the Cabinet have no legal power to trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.
ii. He has been appointed on deputation basis for a period upto May 2020.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Headquarters in New Delhi.
- The Director General of CISF is O.P Singh.
ii. The e-book includes a plethora of information on important dignitaries, state policy, public schemes and important data about demographics, trade, economy and many other topics.
- Rajiv Mehrishi was the former Union home secretary of India.
- Kalyan Singh is the present governor of Rajasthan.