1. Dr Jitendra Singh Launched e-HRMS on Good Governance Day
i. The Union Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh launched the electronic-Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS) in New Delhi.
ii. The Minister launched the 25 applications of 5 modules of the system. The e-service book launched for DoPT during March 2017 will also be integrated into the e-HRMS.
- Good Governance Day is observed nationally on 25th December.
- The Day marks the birth anniversary of former PM of India Mr Atal Bihari Bajpai.
2. Vijay Rupani Sworn in as Chief Minister of Gujarat
i. Vijay Rupani was sworn in at a grand ceremony in the State capital of Gandhinagar as the Chief Minister of Gujarat state. Governor Om Prakash Kohli administered the Oath of Office and Secrecy to 21 ministers including Mr Rupani and his deputy Nitin Patel.
ii. Along with Mr Rupani as Chief Minister and Nitin Patel as his Deputy, a total of 19 ministers nine of them in cabinet rank and 10 MoS were sworn in.
- Vijay Rupani is the 14th CM of Gujarat.
- Om Prakash Kohli is the Present Governor of Gujarat.
- Nitin Patel is the Deputy CM of Gujarat.
3. Modi to be First PM to Attend World Economic Forum in 20 years
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will become the first PM in 20 years to attend the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) annual jamboree of the global elite. The meeting will be held in Davos town of Switzerland.
ii. The five-day Davos Annual Meeting of Geneva-based WEF will begin in January 2018. Modi will be the first Indian Prime Minister at the Davos summit since 1997 when the then Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda had attended.
- Switzerland Capital- Bern, Currency- Swiss franc.
- Founder and Executive Chairman of WEF- Klaus Schwab, Headquarters- Geneva, Switzerland.
- WEF was originally called the European Management Forum.
4. SLCM Ties up with HDFC, IndusInd bank for Post Harvest Credit
i. Agri service solutions provider Sohan Lal Commodity Management (SLCM) having operations across India and Myanmar has tied up with HDFC Bank and IndusInd Bank to provide collateral management services.
ii. This tie-up will not only help improve the farmers’ access to post-harvest credits at affordable interest rates, it will also provide easy access to scientific storage facilities leading to a fair price discovery of their products in the market.
- SLCM Group CEO- Sandeep Sabharwal.
- HDFC Bank CEO- Aditya Puri, Headquarters- Mumbai.
- IndusInd Bank Chairman- R. Seshasayee, Headquarter- Mumbai, Owner- Hinduja Group.
5. Amazon Acquires Connected Security Camera Maker ‘Blink’
i. Amazon has bought an Andover, Massachusetts-based company ‘Blink’ that makes Internet-connected doorbells and security cameras.
ii. The move could help Amazon compete in the fast-growing home security camera market and against similar devices made by Nest, a subsidiary of Google parent company Alphabet.