GK Update 25th February 2018
1. India Successfully Test-Fires ‘Dhanush’ Missile
i. India has successfully test-fired the nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ‘Dhanush’ ballistic missile with a strike range of 350 km from a naval ship off Odisha coast.
ii. It was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation. ‘Dhanush’ missile is is capable of carrying a payload of 500 kg and hitting both land and sea-based targets.
DRDO Chairman- S Christopher, Headquarters- New Delhi.
2. India to Host 1st International Solar Alliance in March 2018
i. India will host the first International Solar Alliance (ISA) summit on 11th March 2018. It will be attended by French President Emmanuel Macron and United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
ii. The summit will be held in Delhi. The ISA aims to launch 121 projects during the summit. During the summit, two new programmes will be inaugurated on- Scaling Solar E-Mobility and Storage, and Rooftop Solar.
3. 44th Khajuraho Dance Festival Held in Madhya Pradesh
i. The 44th edition of Khajuraho Dance Festival 2018 was held at Khajuraho temple, a UNESCO world heritage site in Madhya Pradesh. It was inaugurated by Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel and was organised by culture department of state government.
ii. Khajuraho Dance Festival is an annual cultural festival that highlights the richness of various Indian classical dance styles.
- Madhya Pradesh CM- Shivraj Singh Chauhan.
- Panna Tiger Reserve is situated in Madhya Pradesh.
4. Assam to Observe ‘Rhino Day’ on September 22
i. The Assam government has announced to observe September 22 as ‘Rhino Day’ to generate public awareness on protection of the one-horned pachyderm.
ii. A State Rhino Project in line with National Rhino Project will be launched in Assam soon for protecting the pachyderms from threats of poaching.
- Assam CM- Sarbanand Sonowal, Governor- Jagdish Mukhi.
- Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary (UNESCO Natural World Heritage site) is situated in Assam.
5. India’s 1st 5G Trial Successful, 3 GB/sec Speed Achieved
i. Chinese technology giant Huawei and telecom services provider Bharti Airtel announced to have successfully conducted 5G network trial under a test set-up in India. The trial was conducted at Airtel’s Network Experience Centre in Manesar (Gurugram).
ii. During the test trial, the speed of more than 3Gbps was achieved. This is the highest measured throughput for a mobile network in 3.5 GHz band with 100MHz bandwidth and end-to-end network latency of approximately 1 msec.
By: D.K Chaudhary 1. Santhali Becomes India’s 1st Tribal Language To Get Own Wikipedia Edition i. …