By: D.K Chaudhary
1. All About Zee Cine Awards 2018
i. Zee Cine Awards 2018 took place recently, marking the presence of almost all the big stars from Bollywood. The complete winner’s list is out that includes Varun Dhawan, Sridevi, Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, and Golmaal Again team grabbing the highest recognition.
ii. Below is the complete list of winners of Zee Cine Awards 2018:
- Best actor male- Varun Dhawan for Badrinath Ki Dulhania.
- Best actor female- Sridevi for Mom.
- Best director- Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari for Bareilly Ki Barfi.
- Best film- Golmaal Again.
- Extraordinary franchisee award- Baahubali.
- Global icon award- Priyanka Chopra.
- Best script award- Nitesh Tiwari for Bareilly Ki Barfi.
- Best music director- Amit Trivedi for Secret Superstar.
- Best male playback Singer- Akhil Sachdeva for Humsafar.
- Best action director- Sham Kaushal for Kaabil.
2. PM Announces Relief Package for Cyclone Ockhi Affected States
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Ockhi affected Lakshwadeep, Tamil Nadu and Kerala to take stock of the situation, meets affected people. He announced the relief package of Rs 325 crore for all 3 states and ex-gratia assistance of Rs. 2 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased.
ii. PM had also visited Lakshadweep. He is the first Prime Minister to visit the Union Territory in 25 years.
- Lakshwadeep Administrator- Farooq Khan.
- Tamil Nadu CM- Edappadi K Palaniswami, Governor- Banwarilal Purohit.
- Kerala CM- Pinarayi Vijayan, Governor- Justice (Retd.) Palaniswamy Sathasivam.
3. Assam Signs MoU with Isha Foundation to Save Rivers
i. The Assam government has signed an MoU with Isha Foundation to conserve and rejuvenate the rivers of Assam.
ii. Assam became the sixth state in the country to sign MoU with non-profit making and spiritual organization, the Isha foundation. The agreement was signed by Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for RBI Assistant Mains 2017 Exam-
- The two main rivers of Assam are Brahmaputra and Barak.
- Assam Governor- Jagdish Mukhi.
- Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is the leader of Isha Foundation.
4. Kiren Rijiju Inaugurates Training of Trainers Program for Sendai Framework
i. The Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju, inaugurated the first national-level training of trainers program to sensitize various Central Ministries and Departments on the utilization of Sendai Monitor for developing action plans for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) in New Delhi.
ii. The three-day programme was organized by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction-Global Education and Training Institute (UNISDR-GETI).
- National Disaster Management Authority is Headed by the PM of India, Narendra Modi.
5. Centre Gives ‘Green’ Nod for Kaleshwaram Project in Telangana
i. The Telangana state government’s prestigious Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme (KLIS) has finally got the Green Nod from central government.
ii. The expert appraisal committee (EAC) of the Union Ministry of Environment and Forest recommended the “proposal for grant of environmental clearance” in its meeting held in Delhi.
Salient features of the Project-
- Total catchment area of the project: 36,35,437 hectares,
- Project likely to generate 1,480 lakh cubic metres muck,
- Compensatory afforestation will be taken up in 5,333.817 hectares.
- Telangana CM- K Chandrasekhar Rao, Governor- E.S.L. Narasimhan (Add. Charge.)