By: D.K Choudhary
ii. The rest of the power will be supplied to the state.
World economy to grow at 3.5 per cent in 2017: IMF
ii. IMF projected the world economy to grow at a pace of 3.5 percent in 2017, up from 3.1 percent in 2016, and 3.6 per cent in 2018.
China to host BRICS Film Festival in June, 2017
i. The 2017 BRICS Film Festival will be held in Chengdu, southwest China’s Sichuan Province from June 23 to 27, 2017.
ii. There will be 30 films from BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) screened during the festival.
iii. The first BRICS Film Festival was held in New Delhi, India, in September 2016.
First Made in India industrial robot- BRABO
ii. The robot is indigenously developed for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in India. This is the first time that an industrial robot has been conceptualized, designed and manufactured in India.
i. The RBI permitted banks to invest up to 10% of the unit capital of a Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs) or Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs).
ii. The banks’ exposure to REITs/InvITs will be within the overall ceiling of 20% of the net worth permitted for direct investments in shares, convertible bonds/ debentures, units of equity-oriented mutual funds and Venture Capital Funds (VCFs).
‘One Part Woman’ wins Sahitya Akademi Award for translation of Mathorubhagan
i. The English translation of writer Perumal Murugan’s novel Mathorubhagan (One Part Woman) has won the Sahitya Akademi’s award for translation in English 2016.
ii. The translation was done by Aniruddhan Vasudevan and the book was published by Penguin.
Sagar Baheti, the first visually impaired Indian runner to complete Boston Marathon
i. Bangalore-based Sagar Baheti has become the first visually impaired Indian runner to complete the historic Boston Marathon, the world’s oldest and the hardest marathon to qualify for.
ii. Baheti completed the approximately 42.16 km distance in just over four hours.
Important Takeaways from above GK Update are as follows:
- Madhya Pradesh government and DMRC inked pact to supply power (24% of Electricity) from Rewa project
- Shri Rajiv Gauba is the Chairman of DMRC
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan is the CM of MP and its Governor is Om Prakash Kohli (Additional charge)
- IMF has projected world economy to grow at 3.5% in 2017
- Projection in 2016 was 3.1%
- Created in 1945, the IMF is governed by and accountable to the 189 countries
- Managing Director of IMF is Christine Lagarde
- Maurice Obstfeld, economic counselor and director of IMF Research Department released the projection officially.
- BRICS Film Festival 2017 will be held in China
- BRICS countries includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- The first BRICS Film Festival was held in New Delhi, India
- BRICS summit will be held in September 2017 in China’s Xiamen city
- TAL Manufacturing Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors
- BRABO is the first Made in India industrial robot
- The robot is indigenously developed for MSME in India
- The RBI permitted banks to invest up to 10% of the unit capital of an REITs or InvITs
- RBI is headquartered in Mumbai and its Governor is Mr. Urjit Patel
- RBI has recently allowed banks to invest in REITs & InvITs
- The English translation of writer Perumal Murugan’s novel Mathorubhagan won the Sahitya Akademi’s award for translation in English
- The cash prize for the award is Rs 50,000
- Sagar Baheti becomes the first visually impaired Indian runner to complete Boston Marathon
- He completed the approximately 42.16 km distance in just over four hours
- Boston is a City in Massachusetts