By: D.K Choudhary
ii. The Gorakhpur Airforce Station has been renamed as Mahayogi Goraknath Airport after the founder of the Nath monastic movement.
iii. The Agra Airport will be renamed after Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay airport. The Department of Disabled Welfare will now be known as ‘Divyang Jan Vikas Empowerment’.
Rajasthan State govt, HPCL sign agreement for Rs 43,129 cr Barmer refinery
ii. The Barmer refinery will be the first in the country to produce BS-6 standard fuel. The state government will have 26% stake in the project while rest will be held by HPCL.
ii. INS Chennai is commanded by captain C. R. Praveen Nair and has 45 officers. The ship was commissioned by ex-Defence Minister Manohar Parikkar in 2016. It is one of the most potent warships to have been constructed in India.
ii. USA has topped A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index for the fifth year in a row. The top 5 countries in A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index 2017 are:
ii. The Office of the Banking Ombudsman at Reserve Bank of India, Jammu and Chhattisgarh will have the jurisdiction over the entire State of Jammu and Kashmir and Chhattisgarh which, hitherto was under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Banking Ombudsman, New Delhi-I and Bhopal, respectively.
RBI signed MoU with the Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan
ii. The MoU was signed by Mr. Phajo Dorjee, Deputy Governor on behalf of Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan and Mr. S S Mundra, Deputy Governor on behalf of Reserve Bank of India.
ii. The website now also allows visitors to share web pages on their social media network. The new website is compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines for making web content more accessible to differently abled people and also conforms to the guidelines for Indian government websites.
ii. Prem C Jain, Chairman, IGBC presented IGBC plaque to Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank at a programme organized on recently in Hyderabad.
iii. IGBC Green Data Centre Rating System would facilitate in providing tremendous tangible and intangible benefits. Tangible benefits include 20 to 25 percent reduction in Power Usage Effectiveness, 25 to 30 percent reduction in water consumption. Intangible benefits include enhanced air quality, excellent daylighting, health, and well-being of the staff operating such facility.
ii. He comes in place of Sunita Sharma after Government had elevated her to Managing Director of LIC.
i. Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader and former Andhra Pradesh minister Devineni Rajashekhar had died due to cardiac arrest in Hyderabad.
ii. He was made the Education Minister in NTR Cabinet in 1994. He was elected to AP assembly from Kankipadu in 1983 and retained the seat in 1985, 1989, and 1994.
Important Takeaways from above GK Update are as follows:
- The Gorakhpur Airforce Station has been renamed as Mahayogi Goraknath Airport
- Agra Airport has been renamed as Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay airport
- The Department of Disabled Welfare will now be known as ‘Divyang Jan Vikas Empowerment’
- Rajasthan State govt and HPCL have signed an agreement for Rs 43,129 crore Barmer refinery
- The Barmer refinery will be the first in the country to produce BS-6 standard fuel
- Chief Minister of Rajasthan is Mrs. Vasundhara Raje
- Union Minister of state for petroleum and natural gas is Shree Dharmendra Pradhan
- Indigenously designed ‘P15A Guided Missile Destroyer’, INS Chennai was dedicated to the city Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister is Mr. Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Sunil Lanba is the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS)
- India ranked 8th in the 2017 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index
- The USA topped the list
- Among the emerging economies, India and China were the top two performers
- RBI opened the Office of the Banking Ombudsman at Chhattisgarh and Jammu & Kashmir
- J&K till now was under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Banking Ombudsman, New Delhi-I
- Chhattisgarh till now was under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Banking Ombudsman, Bhopal
- RBI is headquartered in Mumbai and its Governor is Mr. Urjit Patel.
- RBI signed MoU with the Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan
- The MoU was signed on Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information
- Prime minister of Bhutan is Tshering Tobgay and its capital is Thimpu
- SEBI launched revamped website with user-friendly features
- Securities and Exchange Board of India is full form of SEBI
- Shri Ajay Tyagi Chairman is the Chairman of SEBI and its Headquarter is in Mumbai
- ICICI Bank data center becomes country’s first IGBC Platinum rated project
- Chanda Kochhar is the MD & CEO of ICICI Bank
- Headquarter of ICICI bank is in Mumbai
- The event was organized in Hyderabad
- Vinay Shah has been appointed as the new MD & CEO of LIC Housing Finance
- He has replaced Smt. Sunita Sharma
- Smt. Sunita Sharma had been elevated to Managing Director of LIC
- Shri. Vijay Kumar Sharma is the Chairman of LIC and it is Headquartered in Mumbai
- Former AP minister Devineni Rajashekhar passed away in Hyderabad
- He was made the Education Minister in NTR Cabinet in 1994
- N. Chandrababu Naidu is the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh