By: D.K Chaudhary
1. India Hosting 10 Asean Leaders on Republic Day 2018
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated that Republic Day celebration in 2018 would be “remembered through the ages” because the government for the first time in India’s history would host leaders of 10 Asean countries as chief guests on 26th January 2018.
ii. “The Republic Day will be celebrated with leaders of all 10 (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Asean countries coming to India as chief guests. This time, not one but 10 chief guests would grace the Republic Day.
2. Bank of India gets Rs. 2,257 cr From Govt
i. State-run Bank of India has received capital infusion of Rs. 2,257 crore from the government. “The bank has received infusion of Rs. 2,257 crore from the Government of India, in the form of Common Equity Tier-1 Capital, which is being kept as Share Application money and would be alloted after due procedure/ conditions for allotment”.
ii. The government had unveiled a Rs. 2.11 lakh crore two-year roadmap for strengthening NPA-hit public sector banks, which includes re-capitalisation bonds, budgetary support and equity dilution.
- Bank of India was founded on 7th September 1906.
- Dinabandhu Mohapatra is Managing Director & CEO of Bank of India.
- Headoffice of Bank of India- Mumbai.
3. GAIL Awards Major Contracts for Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga
i. GAIL India has placed orders for another 400-km of pipeline of the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga natural gas pipeline project that will take the fuel to eastern India.
ii. State-run gas utility company stated that the orders for pipeline from Dobhi, Bihar to Durgapur, West Bengal has been placed. With these awards, pipe supply orders for 2,100 km of the Jagdishpur-Haldia & Bokaro-Dhamra Natural Gas Pipeline (JHBDPL) project have been placed.
- GAIL (India) Ltd was incorporated in August, 1984.
- Corporate Office of GAIL is in New Delhi.
- BC Tripathi- Chairman & Managing Director of GAIL.
4. Vikas Samiksha Yatra: Nitish Kumar Lays Foundation for Rs 700 crore Projects
i. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has laid foundation stones for more than 100 projects worth Rs 700 crore in Nalanda district as part of his state-wide “Vikas Samiksha Yatra”.
ii. At Chamera village in Ekangarsarai block, Mr. Kumar dedicated to the public 132 projects worth Rs 97.63 crore in addition to the 114, worth Rs 698.65 crore, for which foundation stones were laid.
- Governor of Bihar- Satya Pal Malik
- Patna (Capital city of Bihar) is situated on the southern Bank of river the Ganges.
- Bihar is the least literate state.
5. Allahabad Bank Ties up With NeSL
i. Allahabad Bank has entered into an agreement with state-run National e-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) for utilizing the latter’s Information Utility Services envisaged under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
ii. NeSL, owned by the government, is the first Information Utility entity registered by Insolvency and bankruptcy Board of India under IBBI (IU) Regulations, 2017.
- The Oldest Joint Stock Bank of the Country, Allahabad Bank was founded on 24th April 1865.
- In April 2014, Allahabad Bank celebrates 150 years of foundation.
- Headoffice of Allahabad Bank- Kolkata.
- S Ramann, MD & CEO of NeSL.