By: D.K Choudhary
CCEA approves new coal linkage policy 2017
ii. The approved framework ensures that all projects with linkages are supplied coal as per their entitlement. This will ensure the rights of coal supplies for FSA holders and signing of FSA with LoA holders.
iii. The Cabinet also gave its approval for the Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting.
J&K to host 14th GST Council meet in Srinagar
iii. The GST is a value added tax and is proposed to be a comprehensive indirect tax levied on the manufacture, sale, and consumption of goods as well as services by the Central and State governments. J&K is among 8 States which are yet to ratify the GST.
ii. Jharkhand has been given the most film-friendly award by the National Film Awards.
iii.The Union Minister stated in order to set up a film city in the state, assistance will be taken from the National Film Development Corporation and the Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute in Kolkata.
iii. EPFO e-court Management System has been launched with the vision of transparent and electronic case management system which will cater to aspirations of all stakeholders the employers, the employees, litigants and CBT.
iv. Also, Retirement fund manager EPFO has reduced the stipulated period for settlement of various claims such PF withdrawal, pension and insurance to 10 days from 20 at present.
i. M S Boje Gowda, a third generation planter from the country’s key coffee growing region of Chikmagalur, took over as the Coffee Board Chairman after a gap of almost 70 years.
ii. Gowda became the first grower to assume
Country’s first ornamental fish park to come up at Chennai
i. India’s first Aquatic Rainbow Technology Park, an ultra modern exclusive facility for ornamental fish equipped with multi-species hatchery and live feed culture units, will become operational at Chennai in coming three months.
ii. The facility was being developed by Fisheries College and Research Institute (FCRI), Ponneri in Tamil Nadu the second largest exporter of ornamental fish after West Bengal.
ii. Developed by Rifath Sharook, an 18-year-old boy, from Tamil Nadu’s Pallapatti town, KalamSat weighs only 64 grams. ‘KalamSat’, named after India’s nuclear scientist and former President, APJ Abdul Kalam, will be launched from a Nasa facility in Wallops Island.
Union environment minister Anil Madhav Dave dies
ii. He was a Rajya Sabha MP representing Madhya Pradesh, Anil Dave took charge as Minister of State for Environment, Forest and Climate Change (Independent Charge) on July 06, 2016 following a reshuffle in the Narendra Modi Cabinet.
Actress Reema Lagoo passes away
Mohammad Anas Breaks 400m National Record; Qualifies For World C’ships
i. Kerala quartermiler Mohammad Anas smashed the national record in men’s 400m race on route to winning a gold medal at the third leg of the Indian Grand Prix Athletics Meet in New Delhi.
ii. He also qualified for the World Championships to be held in London in August.
- After the passing of Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Bill, the categories of Divyangjans have increased from 7 to 21.
- Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot is the Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Tajikistan capital is Dushanbe and currency is Tajikistani somoni
- PM of Tajikistan is Kokhir Rasulzoda.
- Piyush Goyal is the Minister of State with Independent Charge for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines in the Government of India.
- Tarapur Atomic Power Station (TAPS) was the first nuclear power plant in India.
- Summer capital of J&K is Srinagar and winter capital is Jammu
- Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed is the Chief Minister of J&K
- Mr. Haseeb A. Drabu is the Minister of Finance of J&K
- CEO and Founder of Paytm is Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Paytm Headquarter is in Noida
- The first company to received nod from RBI to launch Payment Bank is Airtel.
- EPFO full form is Employees’ Provident Fund Organization
- Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) chairman is A Jayathilak
- The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) is a Government of India company headquartered at Kochi, Kerala
- President of USA Dwight D. Eisenhower established the National Aeronautics and Space Administration in 1958
- Acting Administrator of NASA is Robert M. Lightfoot Jr.
- Forbes is an American business magazine was founded in 1917
- Forbes headquarter is in New York City, USA.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change is an Indian government ministry which was founded in 1985.
- Veteran actress Reema Lagoo passed away at the age of 59.