By: D.K Choudhary
Aadhaar not mandatory for PAN, ITR in J&K, Assam & Meghalaya: Govt
ii. The state’s transport department has finalized the logo designed by Hyderabad-based graphic designer Manikanta Annapragada, who incidentally is the first person to obtain a driving license in the ‘hearing impaired’ category.
ii. Chief Minister of Gujarat Mr. Vijay Rupani will inaugurate the event.
iii. The program will be conducted in partnership with Gujarat government which will also involve various social organizations.
ii. Rajnath Singh also launched a dedicated app for BSF personnel named ‘BSFMyApp‘. The app provides the mechanism to address issues related to pay, provident fund, leave or deputation of the personnel. The app will also help troopers with financial literacy.
Light Combat aircraft Tejas successfully test-fires air-to-air missile
India test-fires ‘Spyder’ surface-to-air missile from Odisha test range
ii. Spyder ( Surface-to-air PYthon and DERby) is an acquired missile system from Israel which is a short-range quick reaction surface-to-air missile to neutralize enemy targets up to a distance of 15 km and at heights between 20-and-9,000 meters.Bahamas elects Hubert Minnis as new prime minister
i. The Bahamas has elected Free National Movement’s Hubert Minnis as its new Prime Minister, defeating incumbent Progressive Liberal Party’s leader Perry Christie in a 34-5 parliamentary split.
Forbes Middle East lists top 100 Indian business leaders
i. Retail Mogul Yusuff Ali and Pepsico executive Sanjeev Chadha are among the top 100 Indian business leaders in the Arab World 2017, according to a Forbes ranking for the Middle East.
ii. Ali, managing director of Lulu Group International topped the Indian business owners’ category and Chadha CEO of Asia, Middle East and Africa at PepsiCo International led the Indian executive’s category.
VVS Laxman awarded honorary life membership by MCC
Important Takeaways from above GK Update for Exams are as follows-
- Dr. Nasim Zaidi is the 20th Chief Election Commissioner of India
- Election Commission of India was founded on 1950.
- Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI to the residents of India
- UIDAI full form is Unique Identification Authority of India
- Shri J. Satyanarayana is part-time Chairman of the UIDAI.
- CM of Telangana is Chandrasekhar Rao and the governor is E.S.L Narasimhan
- The capital of Telangana is Hyderabad
- Telangana is the 29th state of India and was founded in 2014.
- 1st International Yoga Day (IYD) was Hosted by New Delhi on 21st June 2015
- Ministry of AYUSH made the arrangements for 1st IYD
- Mr. Rajnath Singh is the Union home minister of India
- K K Sharma is the Director-General of Border Security Force
- Mr. Vinay Mohan Kwatra has succeeded Mohan Kumar
- Emmanuel Macron has been recently elected as President of France
- Paris is the capital of France and currency is Euro
- Margaret Chan is the Director-General of WHO
- WHO is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland
- Defence Minister of India is Arun Jaitley
- The first defence minister of independent India was Baldev Singh during 1947-1952
- Tejas is a Light Combat Aircraft that uses fourth generation technologies.
- Spyder full form is Surface-to-air PYthon and DERby
- Bipin Rawat is 27th chief of Army Staff.
- Marylebone Cricket Club is a cricket club of London and was founded in 1787.
- Anjum Chopra was the first Indian woman cricketer to receive MCC life membership.