By: D.K Choudhary
ii. He also launched an ‘Online Interactive Quiz’ at the event which is being organized by the National Archives of India.
Centre releases nearly Rs. 23,443 crore to States under MGNREGS
ii. The Government is laying considerable emphasis on Water Conservation and Water Management works under MGNREGS.
Survey General of India Completes 250 Years
ii. The government launched ‘Nakshe mapping portal’ a dedicated website allowing the access to the public to download 3,000 maps prepared by the Survey of India (SOI) but made Aadhaar mandatory for the purpose.
iii. Harsh Vardhan, minister of science and technology, stated that the motto behind making Aadhaar mandatory for using this service was to make it available only to Indians.
President of India inaugurated first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017
ii. The slogan of the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit was ‘Unite for a Healthy Mind’. In the Summit special emphasis was given to people suffering from the problem of Depression.
Shri Rajnath Singh chairs 11th Inter-State Council Standing Committee
i. The Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh chaired the 11th Standing Committee meeting of the Inter-State Council in New Delhi.
ii. The Union Minister for Finance, Corporate Affairs and Defence Shri Arun Jaitley and various states Chief Minister attended the meeting for examining in detail various recommendations of Punchhi Commission.
iii. The commission recommended that the person who is slated to be a Governor should not have participated in active politics at even local level for at least a couple of years before his appointment.
Malvika Sinha appointed RBI Executive Director
i. The Reserve Bank has appointed Malvika Sinha as Executive Director following the appointment of B P Kanungo as Deputy Governor.
ii. As Executive Director, she will look after foreign exchange department, department of government and bank accounts and internal debt management wing, RBI stated in a release.
Manappuram Finance to launch co-branded prepaid card with YES Bank
ii. The ‘Manappuram YES Bank Prepaid Money Card’ can be pre-loaded up to a maximum amount of Rs. 50,000 and then be used to withdraw money from all ATMs. As the card works on the popular MasterCard and RuPay networks, it can also be used for online transactions and at merchant establishments with PoS terminals.
Fino Paytech inks deal with ICICI group companies
Ajit Kumar Srivastava, Shabri Bhattasali named new CBDT members
ii. The CBDT functions under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963. CBDT has introduced the Electronic PAN (e-PAN) card for individuals and for 19,704 newly incorporated companies as it tied up with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
Mukta Dutta Tomar appointed India’s Ambassador to Germany
ii. She is presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs. Earlier, Gurjit Singh was holding this post till in March 2017.
Atu Zumvu becomes first Naga cop to receive ‘Shaurya Chakra’ award
ii. Nagaland attained statehood in 1963 and since then this is the first time a police officer from the state has been honored with this award.
Former Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti Singh to head TDSAT
i. The government has appointed retired Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti Singh as the next chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) after replacing of Justice Aftab Alam who was retired in June 2016.
ii. The appointment is for a period of three years from the date of assumption of office.
Kristin Davis appointed UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador
i. UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, announced the appointment of internationally acclaimed actress and philanthropist Kristin Davis as its Goodwill Ambassador.
ii. UNHCR Goodwill Ambassadors are celebrity representatives of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) who use their talent and fame to advocate for refugees.
Carme Chacon, Spain’s first female defence minister, dies
ii. Before taking charge of the defense ministry, she had previously been the minister of housing and a national lawmaker.
Important Takeaways from above GK Update are as follows-
- Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti Singh appointed as next chairman of TDSAT
- Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal is full form of TDSAT.
- Atu Zumvu becomes first Naga cop to receive ‘Shaurya Chakra’ award
- Nagaland attained statehood in 1963
- Shurhozelie Liezietsu is the newly appointed Chief Minister of Nagaland
- Mukta Dutta Tomar appointed India’s Ambassador to Germany
- She has replaced Gurjit Singh
- Smt. Sushma Swaraj is the Union External Affairs Minister of India
- Rs. 23,443 crores released for MGNREGS for Mission Water Conservation
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme is the full form of MGNREGS.
- Minister of Rural Development is Narendra Singh Tomar.
- Narendra Modi inaugurated a ‘special digital exhibition’ on the Champaran Satyagraha on 10th April 2017 in New Delhi
- The exhibition will be titled as “Swachhagraha – Bapu Ko Karyanjali – Ek Abhiyan, Ek Pradarshani”
- Champaran Satyagraha was started in Champaran district of Bihar in 1917.
- Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017
- The slogan of the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit was ‘Unite for a Healthy Mind’
- World Health Day is celebrated globally on 7th of April
- The Theme of 2017 World Health Day is ‘Depression: Let’s Talk’
- Carme Chacon the first female defense minister of Spain dies at 46
- Madrid is Capital of Spain and its currency is Euro
- Mariano Rajoy is the Prime Minister of Spain.
- Fino Paytech signed pact with ICICI group companies
- Fino Paytech, just received the Reserve Bank of India’s licence to launch a payments bank
- Headquarter of ICICI bank is in Mumbai
- CEO of ICICI bank is Chanda Kochhar
- Ajit Kumar Srivastava and Shabri Bhattasali were appointed as new CBDT members
- Central Board of Direct Taxes is the full form of CBDT
- CBDT has introduced the Electronic PAN (e-PAN) card in collaboration with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Survey General of India (SOI) completed 250 years
- The government launched ‘Nakshe mapping portal’ allowing the public the access to download 3,000 maps
- Shri Harsh Vardhan is the Cabinet minister of science and technology
- Manappuram Finance tied up with Yes Bank
- Head office of Manappuram Finance in Thrissur, Kerala
- Headquarter of Yes Bank in Mumbai
- NBFC full form is Non-Banking Financial Companies