By: D.K Chaudhary
1. 4th India-Europe 29 Business Forum Held in New Delhi
i. The fourth India-Europe 29 Business Forum (IE29BF) took place in New Delhi.
ii. The theme of IE29BF 2018 was ‘Synergising Economic Vision for Expanded Relations’. For IE29BF 2018, Czech Republic was the ‘Focus Country’. Eighteen other European countries participated in the Forum.
- The Forum was created for the first time in 2014 by Ministry of External Affairs and Federation of Indian Chambers and Commerce (FICCI).
- It aims to provide an institutionalized platform for promoting business exchanges between India and the twenty-nine countries of Central Europe region.
2. ‘Vision for Future’ Event to Marks 70 Years of Indo-Russia Ties Held in New Delhi
i. An event named ‘Vision for Future’ was held in New Delhi to commemorate 70 years of the Indo-Russia ties. The event sought to expose the youth to the dynamic opportunities of cooperation between the two countries.
ii. The program inaugurated at the Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra was organised by the Ministry of External Affairs (Eurasia Division) and the International Federation of Indo-Russian Youth Clubs.
- Russia Capital– Moscow, Currency- Russian ruble, President- Vladimir Putin.
3. Itanagar Celebrates Silver Jubilee of Losar Festival
i. The Buddhist Community of Itanagar celebrated the silver jubilee of the Losar Festival in Arunachal Pradesh. The three-day festival, organized by the Itanagar Buddhist Cultural Society (IBCS) was celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm and traditional zeal.
ii. For the Buddhist community, the festival is termed as the ‘New Year’ according to their Buddhist calendar.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Exams-
- Arunachal Pradesh Capital- Itanagar, CM- Pema Khandu, Governor- Brigadier BD Mishra.
4. Udyam Sakhi Portal Launched for Women Entrepreneurs
i. On the occasion of International Women’s Day, the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) launched a portal for women entrepreneurs of India:www.udyamsakhi.org.
ii. The portal was unveiled by the Minister of State (I/C) of MSME, Giriraj Singh, in a program in New Delhi. The portal is a network for nurturing entrepreneurship and creating business models for low-cost products and services in order to empower women and make them self-reliant and self-sufficient.
- International Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th March.
5. NITI Aayog Launches Women Entrepreneurship Platform
i. NITI Aayog launched the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), on the occasion of International Women’s Day. The initiative is aimed at building an ecosystem for women across India to realize their entrepreneurial aspirations, scale-up innovative initiatives and chalk-out sustainable, long-term strategies for their businesses.
ii. CEO, NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant, launched the WEP platform at NITI Aayog premises in New Delhi. The WEP theme song “Naari Shakti” composed and sung by Shri Kailash Kher was released on this occasion.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.