By: D.K Choudhary
India and Turkey agree to strengthen co-operation in Combating terrorism
ii. The joint statement was issued after extensive talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in New Delhi.
Centre launches ‘One IP- Two Dispensaries’ and ‘Aadhaar Based Online Claim Submission’ Schemes
ii. Under One IP- Two Dispensaries scheme has given an option to an Insured Person (IP) to choose two dispensaries, one for self and another for the family through an employer.
HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar launched Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan
ii. The aim of this Abhiyan is to instill a sense of patriotism and nationalism among students.
iii. Mr. Javadekar launched the Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan to create ‘walls of heroes’ – displaying the portraits of the heroes in institutions of higher learning.
Mr. Anthony Lianzuala takes over as the New Controller General of Accounts
ii. He is the First person from the North-Eastern Region to hold this position.
Shobana Kamineni is the new CII President
ii. Mr. Rakesh Bharti Mittal, Vice Chairman, Bharti Enterprises, is the new President-Designate, CII.
iii. Mr. Uday Kotak, Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited is the new Vice President of CII.
Defence Minister hands over DRDO developed devices to forces
ii. The devices handed over in New Delhi to NDRF included ‘E-Nasika’, a hand-held equipment which is capable of rapid detection of chemical agents well below their toxic limits.
iii. He also handed over to NSG an equipment called ‘OTL-300’. It can instantly detect partially camouflaged optical elements, such as telescopes, binoculars and night vision devices.
Dubai becomes first city in the world to get its own Microsoft font
ii. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai’s Crown Prince and Chairman of the Executive Council, launched the Dubai Font recently.
iii. The font, available in three styles as ‘Dubai’, ‘Dubai Medium’ and ‘Dubai Light’, can be in italics, underlined and bold.
Chandrababu Naidu bags USIBC award
ii. The award by the US-India Business Council (USIBC) would be presented to Mr. Naidu during the USIBC West Coast Summit in Bengaluru (the Silicon Valley) on May 8.
iii. Last year’s recipient of this award was Amitabh Kant, CEO of Niti Aayog.
Aamir Khan launches Asha Parekh’s autobiography in New Delhi
ii. ‘The Hit Girl’ has been penned down by the renowned film critic Khalid Mohamed.
Bharti Enterprises appointed Soumen Ghosh as MD – Financial Services
Important Takeaways from above GK Update for Exams are as follows-
- India and Turkey signed an agreement to strengthen co-operation in Combating terrorism
- The agreement was signed in New Delhi
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan is the President of Turkey
- The Capital of Turkey is Ankara and its Currency is Turkish lira.
- Union Government launched two schemes “One IP- Two Dispensaries” and “Aadhaar based Online Claim Submission”
- Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment is Shri Bandaru Dattatreya
- International Labour Day is observed on 1st May.
- HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar launched Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan
- The aim of this Abhiyan is to instill a sense of patriotism and nationalism among students
- Mr. Anthony Lianzuala takes over as the New Controller General of Accounts
- He is the First person from the North-Eastern Region to hold this position.
- Shobana Kamineni is the new President of CII
- Mr. Rakesh Bharti Mittal is the new President-Designate
- Mr. Uday Kotak is the new Vice President of CII
- Defence Minister handed over number of devices to NSG, DP, and NDRF
- The devices were developed by DRDO
- Important devices included ‘E-Nasika’ and ‘OTL-300’
- Dubai becomes the first city in the world to get its own Microsoft font
- Dubai is the City in the United Arab Emirates
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is Dubai’s Crown Prince.
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu has been selected for the ‘Transformative Chief Minister Award 2017’
- The award is given by the US-India Business Council (USIBC)
- The recipient of this award for 2016 was Amitabh Kant, CEO of Niti Aayog
- The name of Asha Parekh’s autobiography is “Asha Parekh: The Hit Girl”
- It has been penned down by Khalid Mohamed.