i. India has joined Ashgabat Agreement on the establishment of an International Transport and Transit Corridor between the Iran, Oman, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
ii. According to the External Affairs Ministry, the accession to the Agreement would diversify India’s connectivity options with Central Asia and have a positive influence on its trade and commercial ties with the region.
- Iran Capital- Tehran, Currency- Iranian rial.
- Oman Capital- Muscat, Currency- Omani rial.
- Turkmenistan Capital- Ashgabat, Currency- Turkmenistan manat.
- Uzbekistan Capital – Tashkent, Currency- Uzbekistani som.
i. Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) and Joint Stock Company United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC), Russia have signed an MoU to collaborate and engage in Design, Development and Execution of contemporary, State-of-Art vessels for Inland and Coastal Waterways.
ii. The MoU will give a push to the Government’s Make-in-India programme, as also its plans to develop eco-friendly and economic transportation along India’s inland waterways and coastal shipping routes under SAGARMALA.
Chairman & Managing Director, Cochin Shipyard Limited-
Shri Madhu S Nair.
- United Shipbuilding Corporation President- Alexey Rakhmanov.
- Sagarmala Program aims to promote port-led development in the country.
- The concept of Sagarmala was approved by the Union Cabinet on 25th March 2015.
3. 7th India Energy Congress Held in New Delhi
i. The 7th India Energy Congress was held in New Delhi. The theme of the 7th edition of India Energy Congress is ‘Energy 4.0: Energy Transition Towards 2030’.
ii. The India Energy Congress is the flagship event of World Energy Council India (WEC India) and joint event of ministries of power, coal, new & renewable energy, petroleum & natural gas, external affairs and Department of Atomic Energy.
4. 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela Begins
i. The 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela has begun in Faridabad, Haryana. The Mela is organized by the Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism.
ii. The 17-day cultural extravaganza will see a spectacular showcase of regional and international crafts, handlooms, traditions along with some mouth-watering multi-cuisine food for the visitors. This year Uttar Pradesh is the theme state and Kyrgyzstan is the Partner Nation.
5. UAE Launches World’s Longest Zip Line
i. The United Arab Emirates has made a record by opening the world’s longest zip line, measuring 2.83 km in length. Guinness World Records officials certified the zip line in Ras al-Khaimah.
ii. The Jebel Jais Flight takes thrill-seekers atop the country’s largest mountain peak, from a launch pad 1,680 meters (5,512 feet) above sea level.
- UAE Capital- Abu Dhabi, Currency- UAE dirham.