G.S. Quiz 7th August 2016 (English)
By: D.K Choudhary
Q.1 Most important safeguard of liberty is? (SSC 2014)
(1) bold and impartial judiciary.
(2) well-knit party system.
(3) decentralization of power.
(4) declaration of right.
Q.2 Which one of the following kinds of equality is not compatible with the liberal nation equality ? (SSC 2014)
(1) Legal Equality (2) Political Equality
(3) Social Equality (4) Economic Equality
Q.3 Political liberty Implies? (SSC 2014)
(1) People’s control over the government.
(2) Free political activities of the people.
(3) Co-operation between politics and democracy.
(4) Voters can make and unmake their government.
Q.4 Which one of the following is an item included in the list of fundamental duties of an indian citizen in the constitution? (SSC CGL 2014)
(1) To practice secularism.
(2) To develop scientific temper humanism and the spirit of enquiry and reform.
(3) To pay all taxes to government regularly and correctly.
(4) Not to assault any public servant in the (during) performance of his duties.
Q.5 Among the following the celestial body farthest from the Earth is ? (SSC 2009)
(1) Saturn (2) Uranus
(3) Neptune (4) Pluto
Q.6 Pulsars are? (SSC 2009)
(1) Stars moving toward the earth.
(2) Stars moving away from earth.
(3) Rapidly spinning stars.
(4) High temperature stars.
Q.7 Which of the following passes lies in the Sutlej valley? (SSC 2002)
(1) Nathu La (2) Jelep La
(3) Shipki La (4) Sherabathanga
Q.8 Where is Khyber pass situated? (SSC 2002)
(1) Bhutan (2) Bangladesh
(3) India (4) Pakistan
Q.9 Where is Panzseer valley situated? (SSC 2002)
(1) Lebanon (2) Afghanistan
(3) Jammu & Kashmir (4) Syria
Q.10 Which foreign country is closest to Andaman Islands? (SSC 2003)
(1) Sri Lanka (2) Myanmar
(3) Indonesia (4) Pakistan