G.S Quiz 19 July , 2016 (English)
By: D.K Choudhary
Q.1 Where is “Ground Zero’? (SSC 2003)
(1) Greenwich (2) New York
(3) Indira Point (4) Shriharikota
Q.2 Which two countries are connected by an under-water tunnel? (SSC 2004)
(1) England and Spain (2) Malaysia and Singapore
(3) England and Belgium (4) France and England
Q.3 Which amidst the following banjs was recently converted to a ”Universal Bank”? (SSC 2002)
(1) Corporation Bank (2) Bank of Baroda
(3) IDBI Bank (4) Canara Bank
Q.4 Which of the following PSUs has been privatized? (SSC 2002)
(1) HZL (2) CMC
(3) Hotel Corporation of India (4) NALCO
Q.5 If the price of an inferior good falls, its demand? (SSC 2003)
(1) Rises (2) Falls
(3) Remains constant (4) Can be any of the above
Q.6 The marginal Utility Curve slopes downward from left to right indicating? (SSC 2003)
(1) A direct relationship between marginal utility and the stock of commodity.
(2) A constant relationship between marginal utility and the stock of commodity.
(3) A proportionate relationship between marginal utility and the stock of commodity.
(4) An inverse relationship between marginal utility and the stock of commodity.
Q.7 The mass of a star is two times the mass of the Sun. How it will come to an end?
(1) Neutron Star (2) Black hole
(3) White Dwarf (4) Red Giant
Q.8 Rain drops fall from great height. Which among the following statements is true regarding it? (SSC 1997)
(1) They fall with that ultimate velocity, which are different for different droplets.
(2) They fall with same ultimate velocity.
(3) Their velocity increases and they fall with different velocity on the earth.
(4) Their velocity increases and they fall with same velocity on the earth.
Q.9 The three elements most needed in common fertilizers are? (SSC 2000)
(1) Sulphur, Phosphorous and Sodium
(2) Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorous
(3) Phosphorous, Sodium and Nitrogen
(4) Calcium, Phosphorous and Potassium
Q.10 Which one of the following metals pollutes the air of a city having large number of automobiles? (SSC 2000)
(1) Cadmium (2) Chromium
(3) Lead (4) Copper