INTERNATIONAL DAY OF SPORT FOR DEVELOPMENT ANDPEACE 2016 OBSERVED
- The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace 2016 was observed on 6 April 2016.
- A campaigning is launched named let’s play for Sustainable Development Goals.
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace observed on April 6 to mark the opening of the first modern Olympic Games in Athens in 1896.
UNION MINISTRY OF SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP LAUNCHED TRANSNATIONAL SKILL STANDARDS
- The Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajeev Pratap Rudy 2016 launched Transnational Skill Standards in New Delhi.
- The Memorandums of Understanding were signed between National Skill Development Council and Association of Colleges of Uk to increase employer engagement and investment in skills in India.
- The main aim is to support Make in India and Skill India initiatives.
- The training will be provided in several economic activities including agriculture, life science, healthcare, capital goods, textiles, hospitality, information technology, etc.
- The Transnational Skill Standards will support international mobilityof Indian workforce.
PRIME MINISTER NARENDRA MODI LAUNCHED STAND UP INDIA SCHEME
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi started Stand Up India Scheme to promote entrepreneurship among Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribesand Women entrepreneurs.
- Pm also inaugurated a Kaushal Kendra known as Skilling Center under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojna in Noida.
- The Scheme will facilitate at least two projects per bank branch for each category of entrepreneur.
- It will provider refinance through Small Industries Development Bank of India with an initial amount of 10000 crore rupees.
VISHWANATHAN ANAND TO BE HONOURED WITH HRIDAYNATH MANGESHKAR AWARD
- Five time world chess champion Vishwanathan Anand will be honoured with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award.
- Vishwanathan Anand is an Indian chess grandmaster and a formerworld champion.
- Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award started in 2011 by Mumbai in the honour of music composer and singer Hridaynath Mangeskar.
BIHAR GOVERNMENT IMPOSES COMPLETE BAN ON ALCOHOL
- Bihar Government has imposed completely ban on all types of liquor in the state.
- Earlier state government had partially banned country made liquor in the state
- Person found indulging in manufacturing trade, transportation, sale and consumption of liquor across the state will be punished under the stringent provisions of the Bihar Excise Act, 2016.
DCB BANK LAUNCHES INDIA’S FIRST AADHAAR-BASED ATM
- DCB Bank has launched an India’s first Aadhaar-based Automatic Teller Machine usage facility.
- This ATM has been placed at Peninsula Business Park in Mumbai.
- DCB customers can transact using his biometric details instead of the PIN.
- It is a cardless and PIN less ATM.
RBI CUTS REPO RATE BY 25 BASIS POINTS TO 6.5%
- The Reserve Bank of India has cut down repo rate by 25 basis points to 6.5 per cent from 6.75 per cent.
- It was announced in the first bi-monthly monetary policy of the RBI for the 2016-17 fiscal.
- It is the rate at which RBI lends to the banks.
- RBI has unchanged CRR and kept it at 4.0 per cent. Of
- RBI has adjusted reverse repo rate under the LAF to 6 per cent.
- Reverse repo rate is the rate at which banks can keep excess funds with the RBI.
INDIA RANKED 6TH IN TOP 10 LARGEST MANUFACTURERS LIST
- According to a United Nations Industrial Development Organisation report India ranked sixth among the world’s top 10 manufacturing countries.
- The top place is grabbed by China as the world’s top manufacturing country.
- Top 5 countries are Chuina,U.S., Japan, Germany and Korea.
PIYUSH GOYAL LAUNCHED A NEW APP NAMED “electric current”
- The minister of state for Power, coal, new and renewable energy Mr. Piyush Goyal launched a new mobile application ‘Vidyut Pravah’.
- The app is launched to empower Common People to have 24×7 Power from the States.
- The Application will provides information regarding the currentdemand met, shortages if any, surplus power available and the prices in the Power Exchange.
IIT MADRAS AND IIM BANGALORE TOP THE LIST OF BEST INDIAN UNIVERSITIES
- IIT Madras and IIM Bangalore have topped in the list of top educational institutes released by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
- The HRD ministry released thr National Institutional Ranking Framework.
- The Indian Institute of Science Bangalore is the best university in India.
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences is the top pharmacy institute in the country.