By: D.K Chaudhary
Karnataka: Yeddyurappa resigned, Kumaraswamy will form government
- The Governor has invited HD Kumaraswamy to form the government after floor test as per Supreme court order on floor test.
- He will take the oath as the Chief Minister on Wednesday.
- Formed on 1 November 1956. Originally known as the State of Mysore, it was renamed Karnataka in 1973
- capital and it’s largest city – Bangalore
- The highest point in Karnataka is the Mullayana giri hills in Chickmagalur district which has an altitude of 1,929 metres (6,329 ft).
Some of the important rivers in Karnataka are Kaveri, Tungabhadra, Krishna, Malaprabhaand the Sharavathi.
- It is the societal movement launched by Environment, Forest & Climate Change Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- It is launched to protect environment and promote good living has found acceptance by the global community.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change had drawn up a list of over 500 Green Good Deeds and asked people to alter their behaviour to Green Good Behaviour to fulfil their Green Social Responsibility.
- A mobile application named “Dr Harsh Vardhan App” is launched on which these small positive actions to be performed by individuals or organisations to strengthen the cause of environmental protection will be uploaded.
- In ongoing 4th BRICS environment ministerial in Durban, South Africa, Dr Harsh Vardhan had urged the BRICS nation to jointly help in development of a social movement to fight for the protection and conservation of environment.
- The BRICS Ministerial on Environment agreed to include “Green Good Deeds” in its official agenda in the next Ministerial in Brazil and another meeting in Russia as per environment ministry