By: D.K Chaudhary
1. India Signs USD200 million Loan Deal with World Bank for National Nutrition Mission
ii. A large component of POSHAN Abhiyaan involves gradual scaling-up of the interventions supported by the ongoing World Bank assisted Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP) to all districts in the country over a 3-year period.
- The POSHAN (PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment) Abhiyaan was launched by the Prime Minister in March 2018 at Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim.
- Headquarters of World Bank: Washington, DC.
ii. The two-day conference is being organised for providing a platform for cross-learning and knowledge sharing among the Smart City CEOs.
ii. The NITI Aayog has been entrusted to set up a national programme to conduct research and development in frontier technologies such as AI.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
- Google CEO- Sundar Pichai, Parent organization- Alphabet Inc., Headquarters- the USA.
ii. The summit mainly aims to provide a unique opportunity to the broadcasters in Asia to share their thoughts on broadcasting and information. The annual summit will be organised by Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) in collaboration with its partners and international organisations.
ii. Once it successfully clears all tests, the desi atomic clock will be used in an experimental navigation satellite to test its accuracy and durability in space.
iii. At present, ISRO imports atomic clocks from European aerospace manufacturer Astrium (EAMA) for its navigation satellites.
- Dr. K Sivan is Chairman of ISRO.
- ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organization.
- Headquarters of ISRO– Bengaluru.