By: D.K. Choudhary
UNION GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES PRADHAN MANTRI UJJWALA YOJANA
The Union Government launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana for providing free of cost LPG connections to women from BPL Households.
It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Maldepur Morh, Ballia in Uttar Pradesh.
iii. The tagline for the scheme is Swachh Indhan, Behtar Jeevan.
The beneficiaries will receive monetary support of about 1,600 rupees to get a connection of cooking gas
INDIAN TEAM WIN ONE SILVER AND TWO BRONZE IN ARCHERY WORLD CUP
Indian women’s team has won silver medal in the recurve team final of Archery World Cup held at the Yuanshen Stadium in Shanghai, China.
Women’s team included Deepika Kumari, Bombayla Devi Laishram and Laxmirani Majhi.
iii. Indian men’s recurve team comprised of Atanu Das, Jayanta Talukdar and Mangal Singh Champia to bag the bronze medal.
- MAHARASHTRA GOVERNMENT LAUNCHES ADI PRAMAN APP FOR CASTE VALIDITY CERTIFICATE
- Maharashtra Government has launched Adi Praman a web based application for state’s tribal population to get the caste validity certificates online.
- The application is first of its kind for any state in India.
- iii. Adi Praman app will help tribal people from the state to obtain caste validity certificates online using this application.
- It will also help the state government to achieve the goal of the Digital India programme.
- NABARD PARTNERS GERMANY FOR FOOD SECURITYINITIATIVE
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development entered into collaboration with German government for a special programme on ‘Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security’.
- The programme is part of the German government’s recently introduced special initiative ‘One World, No Hunger’ initiative.
- iii. India is the only country in Asia chosen for this initiative.
- Germany’s ‘One World, No Hunger’ addresses areas such as food and nutrition security, promotion of innovation, protection and sustainable use of natural resources in rural areas.
- INDIAN NAVY DECOMMISSIONED INS VEER AND INS NIPAT
- Indian Navy decommissioned Indian Naval Ships Veer and Nipat in the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
- INS Veer was commissioned into Indian Navy on 26 March 1987.
- iii. INS Nipat was brought into Navy on 5 December 1988
- Both the ships served as the guardians of International Maritime Border off west coast of India
- SOUTH INDIA’S FIRST UNDERGROUND CORRIDOR OF NAMMA METRO INAUGURATED
- Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the underground corridor of Bengalore Metro Rail.
- Bengalore Metro Rail is also known as Namma Metro.
- iii. The Namma Metro or Bengaluru Metro as the first in South India to have an operational underground section of Metro Rail.