i. Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD), Mr Rakesh Srivastava launched the Phase -1 i.e. the beneficiary module of the Rapid Reporting System (RSS) for the Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) on the occasion of National Girl Child Day (24th January).
ii. It is a web-based online monitoring for the Scheme for Adolescent Girls in New Delhi. The URL for the portal is ‘sag-rrs.nic.in.’ Presently, MWCD is implementing the Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) in selected 508 districts across the country.
- SAG aims at empowering out of school adolescent girls of 11 to 14 years by improving their nutritional and health status, upgrading their skills.
- Minister of Women and Child Development- Maneka Gandhi.
2. India to Host 16th International Energy Forum Meet
i. The 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) Ministerial meeting will be held in New Delhi in April 2018.
ii. According to the Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan, the meeting will be hosted by Government of India in New Delhi and co-hosted by the Government of China and South Korea.
- India had last hosted the IEF ministerial conference in 1996.
3. GoI, Uttarakhand, and World Bank Sign $120 million Loan Agreement for Water Supply in Uttarakhand
i. The Government of India, the Government of Uttarakhand and the World Bank Board signed a $120 million Loan Agreement which will help increase access to improved water supply services in peri-urban areas in the State of Uttarakhand.
ii. The $120 million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and has a 5-year grace period.
- Jim Yong Kim is the 12th President of the World Bank Group.
- World Bank Headquarters in Washington DC, USA.
4. Uttar Pradesh Diwas- 24 January
i. Uttar Pradesh Diwas is observed on 24th of January. The Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu was the chief guest of the event (named Lucknow Utsav) organized in Lucknow.
ii. The objectives of the Uttar Pradesh Utsav is to present and promote the rich cultural heritage, literary, artistic and craftsmanship.
- Uttar Pradesh CM- Yogi Adityanath, Governor- Ram Naik.
5. 7th Asia Steel International Conference to be Held in Bhubaneswar
i. The 7th Asia Steel International Conference will be held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha in February 2018. The announcement was made by Tata Steel, in association with the Indian Institute of Metals.
ii. This major conference is held every three years and provides a platform for the exchange of knowledge on various aspects of the global steel industry.
- The last Asia Steel conference was held in 2015 at Yokohama, Japan.