BY : D.K Choudhary
1. NEET question paper to be same in all languages
- Union HR Development Minister Prakash Javedkar has said that the question paper will be same in all languages from next year onwards.
- The Madras High Court stayed the exam results this year on a petition that claimed that questions were tougher in vernacular languages.
2. Narendra Modi hosts farewell dinner for President Pranab Mukherjee at Hyderabad House
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi hosted a farewell dinner for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- The event was attended by senior ministers, Opposition leaders, President-elect Ram Nath Kovind and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
3.Collector claims EVM fraud in Maharashtra
- The collectorate in Buldhana district has claimed an EVM malfunctioning favouring BJP.
- Every time a voter pressed a Coconut symbol corresponding to the independent candidate ,the light of the lotus flashed.
- The incident took place in the Zilla Parishad elections.
4. Kovind’s first trip to be likely to Ladakh Army posts
- India’s 14th President Ram Nath Kovind will take the oath of the office on Tuesday.
- The process for his visit to the Ladakh Army posts has been initiated.
- Kovind will be the Supreme Commander of armed forces.
1.India 3rd largest terror target : US
- A US state department said that India is the 3rd largest terror target after Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Out of the 11,072 terror attacks across the world in 2016, 972 took place in India.
- It also added that India faces terror from Pakistan terror groups and Indian ones like Naxal groups.
2. US inducts world’s largest aircraft carrier worth Rs.83000 crore
- The world’s largest aircraft carrier USS Gerald R Ford weighs 1 lakh tonnes.
- The carrier is nuclear powered and can operate up to 20 years without refuelling.
3.North Korean economy growing at fastest rate in 17 years
- Despite the sanctions to nuclear and missile programs, the country’s GDP(Gross Domestic Product) grew by 3.9% in 2016 when compared to previous year.
- The growth was largely from mining and energy and increase in exports to China.
4. Indonesia orders police to shoot drug traffickers
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo instructed the law enforcement officers to shoot drug traffickers who resist arrest.
- This comes after a Taiwanese man who was trying to smuggle one tonne of crystal methamphetamine into the country.
1 .Launching Rs.200 note will fill the missing middle : SBI
- An SBI report says that the Rs.200 notes will fill the gap even as new currency in circulation has reached 84% of pre-demonetisation levels.
- The RBI is expected to release before 2017 end to ease pressure on lower denomination currencies.
2. Netflix Founder’s net worth rises by $400 mn in 2 weeks
- Co-founder and CEO Reed Hastings’ net worth rose to touch $2.2 billion.
- This came after Netflix posted a strong second quarter earnings report.
3.Reliance Jio trying to transfer its costs to others : Airtel
- Airtel has accused of Reliance Jio of trying to transfer its costs to the rest of the country.
- Jio is seeking to end call call termination charges to transfer costs, currently at Rs.20000 crore.
1. England beat India in thrilling final to win Women’s Cricket World Cup
- England came back from the brink to beat India by nine runs in a thrilling Women’s World Cup final. England 228-7; India 219 all out .
- England’s dreams of victory looked to be slipping away when Poonam Raut was batting brilliantly as India chased 229 to win.
2.Mithali first ever captain to lead India in 2 ODI WC finals
- Mithali Raj is the first skipper across men’s and women’s cricket to lead India in two ODI World Cup finals.
- She led India in 2005 final which the team lost against England.< li>
- Jhulan Goswami is the only other member to have played both the finals. < li>
3. India wins 2 high jump medals at World Para Athletics Championship
- Sharad Kumar and Varun Singh Bhati clinched silver and bronze medals respectively in high jump in the championship in London Saturday.
- They took the India’s medal tally to five.