By: D.K. Choudhary
Q.1 What are “Open Market Operation”? (SSC 2003)
(1) Activities of SEBI registered brokers. (2) Selling of currency by the RBI.
(3) Selling of gilt—edged securities by the Government. (4) Sale of shares by FII,s.
Q.2 What did the Government ban the import of “Terminator seeds”? (SSC 2003)
(1) To contain a virus which can destroy local crops.
(2) These seeds ate injurious to human and animal health.
(3) These seeds contain genetically engineered properties to prevent further multiplication.
(4) These seeds multiply at very slow rates
Q.3 How does the consumer benefit with VAT.? (SSC 2003)
(1) It removes tax on tax and thus reduces prise—rise
(2) Reduces the cost of production
(3) With the abolition of the sales tax
(4) None of these
Q.4 The ‘Break—Even Point’ is where? (SSC 2005)
(1) Marginal revenue equals marginal cost
(2) Average revenue equals average cost
(3) Total revenue equals total cost
(4) None of these
Q.5 One of the essential conditions of Monopolistic competition is? (SSC 2005)
(1) Many buyers but one seller (2) Price discrimination
(3) Product differentiation (4) Homogeneous product
Q.6 In the law of demand, the statement “Other things remain constant” Means? (SSC 2006)
(1) Income of consumer should not charge (2) Price of other goods should not change
(3) Taste of consumer should not charge (4) All of the above
Q.7 A firm is in equilibrium when its? (SSC 2006)
(1) Marginal cost equals the marginal revenue (2) Total cost is minimum
(3) Total revenue is maximum (4) Average revenue and marginal revenue are equal
Q.8 What principle/ law explains the working of the hydraulic brakes in automobiles? (SSC 2003)
(1) Bernoulli’s law (2) Posieulle’s Principle
(3) Pascal’s law (4) Archimedes principle
Q.9 The best conductor of heat among the following is? (SSC 2003)
(1) Alcohol (2) Mercury
(3) Ether (4) Water
Q.10 What is viewed through an electron microscope? (SSC 2003)
(1) Electrons and other elementary particles (2) Structure of bacteria and viruses
(3) Inside of human stomach (4) Inside of the human eye.