1. PM Modi Lays Foundation Stone of Projects Worth Rs27,000 crore in Jharkhand
i. The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, laid the foundation stone of various projects of the Government of India and Government of Jharkhand, at an event in Sindri.
ii. The total cost of these projects is Rs. 27,000 crore. These include:
1. Revival of Sindri Fertilizer Project of Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Ltd.
2. Ranchi City Gas Distribution Project by GAIL,
3. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Deoghar,
4. Development of Deoghar Airport,
5. Patratu Super Thermal Power Project.
- Jharkhand CM– Raghubar Das, Governor- Draupadi Murmu.
2. India to be Host Country For Celebrations of World Environment Day 2018
i. India will be the host country for celebrations of World Environment Day 2018. The announcement in this regard was made by the Environment Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan. The theme for this year is ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’.
ii. The government has launched green deeds campaign to raise awareness about protection of the environment. The World Environment Day will be celebrated on 5th of June.
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurate Bangladesh Bhawan at Shanti Niketan in West Bengal.
ii. The two leaders then paid floral tributes to Rabindra Nath Tagore. This is the first time in Indian history, that two prime ministers attended a convocation ceremony.
- Bangladesh PM- Sheikh Hasina, Capital- Dhaka, Currency- Bangladeshi Taka.
4. I&B Minister Launches 6-Day ASEAN India Film Festival
i. I&B Minister Col. Rajyavardhana Rathore launches six-day ASEAN India Film Festival in New Delhi. India and ASEAN share historical and cultural links.
ii. The Union Minister also stated that the Information and Broadcasting ministry is taking measures to create and promote film festivals with ASEAN, BRICS and European nations.
- ASEAN stands for Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
5. 9th Edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ Inaugurated in Uttarakhand
i. Ministry of Culture has organised 3-Day long diversified cultural festival ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ festival which was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Trivendra Singh Rawat, Near Tehri Lake, Uttrakhand. It is the ninth edition of this festival.
ii. Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was conceived by the Ministry of Culture in the year 2015, when the Ministry decided to organize it with an intent to showcase the rich cultural heritage of the Country in all its rich and varied dimensions.
- Uttarakhand CM- Trivendra Singh Rawat, Governor- Dr. Krishan Kant Paul.