1. 1st National Workshop on POSHAN Abhiyan Held in New Delhi
i. The first National workshop on POSHAN Abhiyan involving all the states and union territories was held at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi. The Ministry of Women and Child Development has organised the day-long workshop with participation from all the states/UTs.
ii. The Ministry of WCD had also launched five e-ILA (e-Incremental Learning Approach) courses and two ECCE(Early Childhood Care and Education) software modules.
- POSHAN Abhiyan was launched in March 2018 by the PM Modi in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.
- It has been set up with a three year budget of Rs.9046.17 crore commencing from 2017-18.
2. India and EU Signed Agreement on Sharing Earth Observation Data
i. India and the European Union (EU) have signed an agreement that will enable them to share earth observation data from each other’s satellites. The pact was inked in Bengaluru.
ii. The Copernicus programme provides a wide range of applications like climate change, land, ocean and atmosphere monitoring as well as support in forecasting, management and mitigation of natural disasters. Under this arrangement, Indian Space Research Organisation ISRO will share data from its earth observation satellites.
- The European Union is a unique economic and political union between 28 European countries.
- The European Economic Community (EEC), created in 1958, and initially increasing economic cooperation between six countries: Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
- In 2012, the EU was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
3. BHEL Commissions 1st Unit of Kishanganga Hydro Project in Jammu & Kashmir
i. State-run power equipment maker BHEL has commissioned 1st unit of 110 MW of the Kishanganga hydroelectric project (HEP) of NHPC in Jammu and Kashmir.
ii. Located on the river Kishanganga, a tributary of the Jhelum in Bandipora district, all the three units of the 340 MW project will generate 1,350 million units (MU) of clean electricity annually.
- Atul Sobti is the CMD of BHEL.
- BHEL Stands for Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
4. NCAA Becomes World’s 1st Trusted Digital Repository
i. National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA) project of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, implemented by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) has been certified as the world’s first Trusted Digital Repository as per ISO standard, granted by Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body Ltd. (PTAB), United Kingdom.
ii. The primary objective of the NCAA is to identify and preserve the cultural heritage of India available in audiovisual form through a process of digitization and making it accessible to the people.
5. Government Approves Plastic Park to be Set Up in Deoghar, Jharkhand
i. Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, Mr. Ananthkumar announced that the Government of India has approved the setting up of a Plastic Park in Deoghar District, Jharkhand.
ii. The project would be set up at a cost of Rs. 120 crores in an area of 150 acres. Mr. Ananthkumar also announced the setting up of Rs. 3.5 crore Plastic Recycling unit at Deoghar to tackle the menace of plastic waste being generated due to the place being a tourist attraction.
- Jharkhand CM- Raghubar Das, Governor- Droupadi Murmu.