1. Punjab Govt Launches Business First Portal
i. In a major step to give a big push towards the ease of doing business in Punjab, the state government has launched a “Business First Portal”. It was unveiled by Industry Minister Sunder Sham Arora in Jalandhar.
ii. The online portal will facilitate the industrialists for Regulatory Clearances and Fiscal Approvals, real-time tracking of applications at the common platform.
- Captain Amarinder Singh is the Chief Minister of Punjab.
- Vijayendrapal Singh Badnore is the Governor of Punjab.
- Chandigarh is the capital of the northern Indian states of Punjab and Haryana.
2. Himachal Pradesh Govt To Scrap Semester System In UG Courses
i. The Himachal Pradesh government has decided to do away with semester system in undergraduate (UG) courses and revert to annual examination system.
ii. HP Govt had set up a review committee headed by former vice-chancellor to review RUSA (Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan) and it has recommended reverting back to annual examination system. The RUSA was introduced in the state in 2013.
- Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh.
- Jai Ram Thakur is the current Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
- Acharya Dev Vrat is the Governor of Himachal Pradesh.
3. Highway Tunnel Dedicates To Nation In North Sikkim
i. Minister of State for Defence, Dr, Subhash Bhamre has dedicated a highway tunnel at Theng near Chungthang in north Sikkim to the nation. The tunnel will benefit the tourism and rapidly propel the growth of the state.
ii. The double-lane tunnel stretching about 600 meters has been constructed by the Border Roads Organisation at cost of over 42 crore rupees.
- Pawan Kumar Chamling is Chief Minister of Sikkim.
- Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim.
- Shriniwas Patil is governor of Sikkim.
4. West Bengal Govt Decides To Invest Rs 107 Cr To Check Riverbank Erosion
i. The West Bengal Government has decided to invest 107 crore rupees to check erosion at vulnerable areas along the banks of the Ganga and the Padma. A stretch of 15 kilometers will be concretized, to prevent erosion. The work will be completed by March next year.
ii. It will protect hundreds of homes and the river bank close to outposts of the Border Security Force on the Indo-Bangladesh border from being washed away by the strong currents.
- Mamata Banerjee is the current Chief Minister of West Bengal.
- Keshari Nath Tripathi is present Governor of West Bengal.
- Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal.
5. Nepal’s Chief Of Army Staff On Six-Day Visit To India
i. Nepal’s Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Rajendra Chhetri is on a six-day visit to India. He is visiting India at the invitation of COAS General Bipin Rawat.
ii. General Chhetri will attend the Officer Cadet’s ‘Passing Out Parade’ as Chief Reviewing officer at Indian Military Academy in Dehradun. During his visit, General Chhetri will call on Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and meet National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Air Force and Navy chiefs and other senior officers.
- Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli is the current Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Bidhya Devi Bhandari is the current President of Nepal and commander in chief of Nepalese Army.
- The Nepalese Rupee is the currency of Nepal.
- Kathmandu is Capital of Nepal.