ii. The MSP for common variety paddy, the most important Kharif crop, will be raised by Rs 200 over last year’s Rs 1,550 per quintal. That works out a 13%t increase for the financial year ended March 2019 compared to a 5.4% increase in FY18.
3. Bengaluru To Get India’s 1st e-Waste Plant
ii. A 2016 study by Assocham and KPMG ranked India among the top five countries in e-waste generation, with an estimated 1.85 million tonnes generated annually.
iii. According to the study, computers comprised 70% of the total e-waste and telecommunication equipment accounted for 12%. Bengaluru ranked third after Mumbai and Delhi and generated nearly 92,000 tonnes of e-waste annually.
4. Behdienkhlam Festival Concludes In Meghalaya
ii. On the concluding day of the festival, Dr Jitendra Singh spent time with the visitors from across the region who had come to attend the festival.
- Meghalaya CM- Conrad Sangma, Governor- Ganga Prasad.
5. NITI Aayog To Organise India’s First Global Mobility Summit
ii. PM Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the Summit, which will be the first Global Mobility Summit of its kind, with over 1,200 expected participants from across the world. The Summit will constitute three designated components – The Conclave, the Expo and the Featured Events.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.