1. Suresh Prabhu Launches Digital Initiative for Ease of Export
i. Union Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Minister, Suresh Prabhu launched digital initiatives by Export Inspection Council (EIC) for ease of export at New Delhi.
ii. EIC is the official export certification body of Government of India and has launched this flagship project of Digital India Initiative to keep pace with changing dynamics of the world.
ii. Three portals have been developed to reduce transaction time and cost in a transparent manner. The portals will play an important role in the Go Green initiative by reducing paper usage and saving millions of trees.
2. HRD Ministry Releases ‘NIRF India Rankings 2018’
i. The Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Mr Prakash Javadekar, released the NIRF (National Institute of Ranking Framework) India Rankings 2018 in various categories on the basis of performance of Higher Educational Institutions in a programme held in New Delhi.
ii. The top 3 Overall Institutes in India are:
1. Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bengaluru),
2. Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
3. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
iii. The top 3 Universities in India are-
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru,
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi,
3. Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi.
3. India-Japan-US Trilateral Talks Held in New Delhi
i. The crucial dialogue between the three leading democratic powers (viz. India, Japan and the USA) of the Indo-Pacific region was held in New Delhi.
ii. The India-Japan-US trilateral was launched in December 2011. It was elevated to ministerial level in September 2015. The last ministerial dialogue was held in New York in September 2017.
- Japan Capital- Tokyo, Currency- Japanese yen, Prime Minister- Shinzo Abe.
- US Capital– Washington D.C., Currency- American dollar, President- Donald Trump.
4. Trial Run of 1st India-Bangladesh Container Train Flagged Off
i. The trial run of the first container train between India and Bangladesh was flagged off from Kolkata city.
ii. The train left for Bangladesh with 60 containers loaded with almost 1,200 tonnes of de-oiled cake, used as a raw material for animal feed.
- Bangladesh PM- Sheikh Hasina, Capital- Dhaka, Currency- Bangladeshi Taka.
5. HRD Ministry Constitutes Committee to Prevent Exam Paper Leakages
i. The Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted a High Powered Committee to examine the entire system of conducting Class X and Class XII examination conducted by the CBSE with a view to prevent leakages.
ii. Mr Vinay Sheel Oberoi, Retd. Secretary (Higher Education), MHRD will be the Chairperson of the 7 member High Power Committee.
- Prakash Javadkar is the Present Union Minister of HRD.