ii. The artisans would be provided technological aid for value addition in their products, while rural, urban and tourism ‘haats’ will provide them markets for their goods.
- Jharkhand CM- Raghubar Das, Governor- Droupadi Murmu.
ii. The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) will change the base year to 2017-18 for the calculation of GDP and IIP numbers from the current 2011-12 with an aim to capture changes in the economy.
ii. The government also signed three more MoUs that would benefit the farmers and enhance their production. This agreement enables for development and pilot implementation of decision support systems for automating risk assessment, advisory generation and dissemination.
- Odisha CM- Naveen Patnaik, Governor- Ganeshi Lal.
4. Bhitarkanika National Park Becomes Largest Habitat Of Endangered Estuarine Crocodiles
ii. The nesting spots had registered 25% rise this year. At least 1698 crocodiles, including albino species, were counted this year along the water-bodies of Mahanadi delta region, while the figure recorded last year stood at 1682.
5. BSE, BME Tie-Up To Develop Commodity Derivatives Markets
ii. Through this MoU, the BSE and the BME will coordinate and work jointly on initiatives to deepen the understanding of commodity market among stakeholders.
- BSE is Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai.
- It was established in 1875, making it Asia’s first stock exchange.
- It was first Indian stock exchange to be recognized by Government under the Securities Contracts Regulation Act in 1957.