By: D.K Chaudhary
- State-owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd today said it has commissioned the country’s second-largest rooftop solar power plant.
- Preeti Sudan, Secretary, Health and Family Welfare launched the Allied and Healthcare Professionals’ database portal.
- Puducherry government has launched a special police force, with distinct blue-coloured head gears, to ensure the safety of visitors.
- Karnataka would obtain electric vehicles under the Centre’s FAME-India scheme.
- The Karnataka government announced that ‘Karnataka International Travel Expo’ will be held here from February 28.
- According to HSBC Report, India’s growth rate is expected to accelerate over the coming year and is likely to improve further to 7.6 percent by 2019-20.
- The 171st Araadhanai Music Festival of one of the Trinities of Carnatic music Saint Thyagaraja begins in Thiruvaiyaru, Tamil Nadu.
- NASA’s Parker Solar Probe is scheduled for launch in 2018 to explore the Sun’s outer atmosphere.
- Venezuela is to raise its minimum wage by 40 percent.
- According to scientists, over a quarter of the world’s land could become significantly drier even if global warming is limited to the target of two degree Celsius.
- The unusual and very efficient whistle language used as a means of communication by villagers in remote northern Turkey entered the UNESCO list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- The central bank of Pakistan gave its green signal to using the Chinese currency, Yuan for bilateral trade with China.