2. Agriculture Ministry Adds 6 New Features in e-NAM Platform
i. Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh launched six new features in the National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) platform to make it more user-friendly.
ii. The six new features of e-NAM platform includes-
1. MIS dashboard for better analysis,
2. BHIM payment facility by traders,
3. Mobile payment facility by traders,
4. Enhanced features on mobile app such as gate entry and payment through mobile,
5. Integration of farmer’s database, and
6. e-Learning module.
3. Telangana, Taiwan Sign MoU for Better Technology Partnership
i. The Telangana Government signed an MOU with Taoyuan City of Taiwan for better technology partnership in the state. The agreement was signed after the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2018 in Hyderabad.
ii. IT Minister K T Rama Rao and principal secretary Jayesh Ranjan signed the agreement with Robert Huang, Director of the Board of Taiwan company at World IT Congress 2018.
- Taiwan Capital- Taipei, Currency- New Taiwan dollar.
4. Avani Chaturvedi Becomes 1st Indian Woman to Fly Fighter Aircraft Solo
i. Flying officer Avani Chaturvedi scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman to fly a fighter aircraft solo.
ii. She flew a MiG-21 bison in her first solo flight from Jamnagar base of Indian Air Force (IAF) in Gujarat.
- Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa is the 25th Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force.
5. UP Government Signs Pact with Amazon India for Khadi Products Sale
i. Uttar Pradesh’s Khadi and Village Industries Board has signed a pact with Amazon India to facilitate online selling of Khadi products.
ii. As part of an MoU, Amazon India will educate, train and enable rural khadi artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon.in customers across the country under the brand of UP Khadi.
- Khadi and Village Industries Board CEO- Avinash Krishna Singh.