Questions Asked in 1st Shift (General Awareness)
- Whom did Alexander the Great defeat? Porus
- What is Mycology the study of? Fungi
- What is Gir National Park famous for? Asiatic Lions
- Which book did Nelson Mandela write? Long Walk to Freedom/ Conversations with Myself
- What is Article 343 known for? Official Languages of India
- What is celloulose made of? Polysaccharides
- What is the glowing part of sun called? Photosphere
- From which country was the concept of bicameral legislation borrowed by India? UK
- When does the sun fall exactly on equator? 20th March & 23rd September
- Who built the Agra Fort? Akbar (completed by Shah Jahan)
- Who won the Ramon Magsaysay award in 2016? Thodur Madabusi Krishna (of India) & Bezwada Wilson (of India)
- First Bollywood star to be featured on the Time Magazine? Parveen Babi.
- Sun rays reach the earth in? 8 minutes 20 sec.
- Malayalam is spoken in which state? Kerala.
- Headquarters of ICC is located in? Dubai, UAE.
- Who invented Electroscope? Jean-Antoine Nollet
- PDF Abbreviation? – Portable Document Format.
:: 2nd Shift Questions::
Questions Asked in 2nd Shift (General Awareness)
- Who won the 2016 Oscar for the Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role? Mark Rylance (for the movie Bridge of Spies)
- Chittorgarh Fort is located in which state? Rajasthan
- Who invented the Steam Engine? Thomas Savery / James Watt
- Who was the son on Babur? Humayun
- Who was the father of Prithviraj Chauhan? Someshwar Chauhan
- Who was the first Indian Woman to win an Olympic Medal? Karnam Malleshwari for (Weightlifting)
- Who discovered Bacteria? Antony Van Leeuwenhoek
- Shabana Azmi is not (Activist/Actor/Dancer)? Dancer.
- How many Rajya Sabha Members can the President appoint? 12
- Who is the author of ‘Ignited Minds’? Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Mohiniyattam dance belongs to which state? Kerala.
- Which planet is also called the “red planet”? Mars
- Which part of the brain forms the continuation of the spinal cord within the skull? Medulla Oblongata
- Number of official languages in India? 22.
- Chandragiri fort is located in? Andhra Pradesh.
- Turquoise is a mineral of hydrated phosphate of? Copper and Aluminum.
Questions Asked in 2nd Shift (Reasoning)
- 23:8 :: 62: ? 36
- 2, 10, 30, 58, ? 106
- Number of Students studying Subject A is given and Number of Students studying both the subjects is given, find the number of students studying Subject B.
Questions Asked in 2nd Shift (English)
- Cloze Test on Saints
- Synonym/Antonym of “Stash”
- Synonym/Antonym of “Mishmash”
- Synonym/Antonym of “Stagflation”
:: 3rd Shift Questions::
Questions Asked in 3rd Shift (Quantitative Aptitude)
- A piece of work can be done by P in 12 days while Q can do it in 24 days. If P & Q work together then in how many days 50% of the work can be completed? 4 days
- Sides of a rhombus are 10 cm each and its one diagonal is half of the other. Find area of the rhombus.
- Total surface area of a sphere is given, find radius.
- (secA – cosA)(cosecA – sinA)(tanA + cotA)
- What is the value of cot330°. -√3
Questions Asked in 3rd Shift (General Awareness)
- Earth rotates from? West to East.
- Which bill cannot be passed by Rajya Sabha? Money Bills.
- Instrument to measure earthquake? Seismoscope.
- Kobe Bryant related to which game? Basketball.
- Aurobindo was born in? 872.
- Function of catalyst in reaction? To increase the Rate of Reaction.
- Awards won by A P J Abdul Kalam? Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Hoover Medal, Padma Bhushan, etc.
- Full form of DNS in network? Domain Name System.
- Which state gets the maximum rainfall? Meghalaya.
- Vitamin C deficiency causes? Scurvy.
- Panchatantra is written by? Vishnu Sharma.
- Who can remove president? By passing of impeachment by both the houses of parliament.
- Which festival is celebrated on full moon? Gamha Purnima.
Questions Asked in 3rd Shift (Reasoning)
- 6, 9, 13.5, ? 20.25
Questions Asked in 3rd Shift (English)
- Synonym/Antonym of “Conjoin”
- Synonym/Antonym of “Ancient”
- Synonym/Antonym of “Analogue”
- Meaning of Idiom/Phrase – “Hot potato”
IMPORTANT Questions For ssc exam
- The Harappan Civilization was discovered in the year?(SSC 2004)
(a)1901 (b)1921 c (1935) d (1942)
- Lothal is a site where dockyard of which of the following civilization were fnsound? [SSC 2006]
(a) Indus Valley (b) Mesopotamia
(c) Egyptian (d) Persian
- The people of the Indus Valley Civilization usually built their
houses of ? [SSC 2008]
(a)Pucca bricks (b) stone (c) wood (d) all of these
- The Indus Valley people traded with the ? [SSC 2000]
(a)Chinese (b) Mesopotamia
(c) Parthians (d) Romans
Q 5. Which amongst the following Status/ UTs has NOT identified tribal community ? (SSC /Gard 2003)
(A)Chhattisgarh (B) Haryana
(C) Mharastra (D) Karnataka
Ans . (B) Haryana
Q 6. Which state of India has recorded the highest rate of population growth in the last Census 2001 ? (SSC,PCS. 2006)
Ans. (C) Nagaland
Q 6. The most literate Union Territory in India is ? (SSC, 2007)
Ans. (B) Lakshadweep
Q 7. Which State of India has the largest area ? (SSC )
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh
Ans. (D) Rajashthan
Q 8. Which of the following layers of the earth is believed to have the heaviest mineral materials of highest density ?
(A) Central core
(D) Both (b) and (c)
Ans . (B) Crust
Q 9. The mapping of which of the following is most difficult ?
(B) Plateau and plains
(C) Interior of the earth
(D) Oceans and their depth
And. (C) Interior of the earth
Q 10. The upper part of the mantle upon which the crust of the earth floats is called ? (CDS 2009)
(C) Mohorovic discontinuity
Ans. (D) Asthenosphere
Q 11. Which one of the following gases is supporter of combustion ? (CDS 2014)
(C) Carbon dioxide
Ans. (D) Carbon dioxide
Q 12. Which of the following methods is/ are suitable for soil conservation in hilly region ?
- Terracing and contour bunding
- Shifting cultivation
- Contour ploughing
Select the correct answer using the code give below.
(a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 only
(c) 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
Ans. (a) 1 and 3 only
Q13. National Biodiversity Authority is located at ? (MTS-2014)
(a)Puducherry (b) Mangalore
(c) Hyderabad (d) Chennai
Ans. (d) Chennai
Q 14. Which of the following is not the unit of time?(RBI 2005)
(a) Calorie (b) Joule
(c) Electron volt (d) Watt
And. (d) Watt
Q15. SI unit of luminious intensity? (UP PCS 1997)
(a)lumen (b) lux
(c) candela (d) watt
Ans. –(c) candela
Q16. What is the SI unit of pressure ? (RRB, ASM. 2003)
(a) Pascal (b) Dyne
(c) Newton (d) Jule
Ans. (a) Pascal
Q17. Which of the following physical quantities do not have same dimensions ? (ssc 2002)
(a) Force and pressure
(b) Work and energy
(c) Impulse and momentum
(d) Weight and Force
Ans. (a) Force and pressure (IAS 1997)
Q18. When body is accelerated
(a) its velocity never change
(b) its speed always change
(c) its direction always change
(d) its speed may or not change
Ans. (d) its speed may or change
Q19. The father of modern chemistry ?(CDS 2013)
(a) Priestley (b) Lavoisier
(c) Dalton (d) Mindeleefff
Ans. (c) Dalton
Q20. Which one among the following compounds has same equivalent weight and molecular weight ?(CDS 2015)
(a) H2SO4 (b) CaCl2
(c) Na2SO4 (d) NaCl
Q21. Which one is the pure element ? (UPSC 2014)
(a) Glass (b) Cement
(c) Sodium (d) None of these
Ans (c) Sodium
Q22. Heavy Water is used as a coolant in nuclear reactors.
Heavy water is …..? (SSC 2014)
(a) Water rich in minirals
(b) Ozonised water
(c) Water containing minerals of heavy metal
(d) Water containing heavy isotope of hydrogen
Ans. (d) Water containing heavy isotope of hydrogen
Q23. What is the scientific name of National Fruit-Mango-of Indian ?
(a) Manigifera Indica (b) Pyrus Malus
(c) Musa Paradisiaca (d) Psidium Guajalva
Ans. (a) Manigifera Indica
Q 1. The Indian Constitution recognizes minorities on th
basis of ? (S.S.C 2005)
(d) Precentage of the population of the Group to the total population. ?
Ans. (d) Precentage of the population of the Group to the total population.
Q 2. Which one of the following is NOT an element
of the State? (S.S.C Mat. 2008)
Q 3. There is no provision in the Constitution for the impeachment of the ? (S.S.C 2009)
(a) Chief Justice of India (b) Chief Justice of High Court
(c) Governor (d) Vice – President
Ans. (c) Governor
Q 4.Consent of the people’ means consent of? (SSC.2009)
(a) A few people
(b) All people
(c) Majority of the people
(d) Leader of the people
Ans. (c) Majority of the people
Q5. The expression ‘Creamy Layer’ used in the judgement of the Supreme Court relating to the case regarding reservations refers to ? (S.S.C 2009)
(a) Those sections of society which pay Income Tax
(b) those sections of socially and educationally backward classes of the society that are economically advanced
(c) those sections of the society that are considered advanced according to Karpuri Thakur formula
(d) all sections of upper castes of the society
Ans.(b)those sections of socially and educationally backward classes of the society are economically advanced according to Karpuri Thakur formula.
Q 6. Despotism is possible in a ?
(a) One party State (b) Two party State
(c) Multi party State (d) Two and Multi party State
Ans. (a) One party State
Q 7.Karl Marx belonged to —? (S.S.C 2010)
(a) Germany (b) Holland
(c) France (d) Britain
Ans. (a) Germany
Q 8. The basic parameters of India’s Foreign Policy were laid down by.? (SCRA 2000)
(a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(b) Dr. Radhakrishnan
(c) JawahLar Lal Nehru
(d) Dr. Zakir Hussain
Ans. (c) Jawahar Lal Nehru
Q 9. Which one of the following political theories advocates the ‘Dictatorship of Proletariat’ ? (NDA 2009)
(a) Democratic Socialism
(b) Fabian Socialism
Ans. (d) Marxism
Q 10.which one of the following political theoriesd advocates the withering away of the State. ? (NDA 2008)
(a) Capitalism (b) Fascism
(c) Marxism (d) Democratic Socialism
Ans. (c) Marxism