1. President Ram Nath Kovind Inaugurated 4th International Dharma Dhamma Conference
i. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a three-day International Dharma-Dhamma conference at Rajgir in Bihar.
ii. The inaugural session was chaired by Mr Kovind. The conference was attended by Sri Lanka’s foreign Minister Tilak Marapana.
- Bihar Governor- Satya Pal Malik, Chief Minister- Nitish Kumar.
2. UIDAI Introduces ‘Virtual ID’ to Strengthen Privacy and Security of Aadhaar Data
i. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced a concept of ‘Virtual ID’ to further strengthen privacy and security of Aadhaar number holders. The Aadhaar number holder can use ‘Virtual ID’ in place of an Aadhaar number whenever authentication or KYC services are performed.
ii. Aadhaar card holder can generate the Virtual ID from UIDAI website and give for various purposes, including SIM card verification, instead of sharing the actual 12-digit biometric ID.
- UIDAI Chief Executive Officer(CEO)- Ajay Bhushan Pandey, Headquarters- New Delhi.
3. Ministry of Railway Launches SFOORTI Application
i. The Ministry of Railways has launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers which provides features for monitoring and managing freight business using Geographic Information System (GIS) Views and Dashboard.
ii. The major digital initiative is to help plan the traffic flows and optimize freight operations.
Salient features of SFOORTI Application are as below:
- With this application, movement of freight trains on Geographic Information System (GIS) view can be tracked.
- Both passenger and freight trains can be tracked over Zones/Divisions/ Sections in single GIS View.
- Comparative Analysis of Zonal/Divisional Traffic.
- This app provides a Bird’s eye view of all Freight Assets in a single window.
- John Mathai was the first Railway Minister of Independent India.
- Piyush Goyal is the present Railway Minister of India.