1. French President Emmanuel Macron In India on 4-Day Visit
i. French President Emmanuel Macron arrived in New Delhi on a four-day visit to India. The visit aims at strengthening the bilateral economic, political and strategic dimension of engagement between the two countries.
ii. During the visit, India and France will sign agreements in different fields tomorrow. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Emmanuel Macron will co-chair the Founding Conference of the International Solar Alliance.
- France is the 9th largest foreign investor in India with a cumulative investment of 6.09 billion dollars from April 2000 to October 2017.
- France Capital– Paris, Currency- Euro.
2. PM Inaugurates National Legislators Conference on ‘We For Development’
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated National Legislators Conference on the theme ‘We For Development’ in New Delhi. The motive of the conference is to bring MPs and MLAs on a single platform where ideas and plans for development can be exchanged.
ii. The conference will hold discussions on how women help in the development work being done for the country where ideas on projects and plans can be debated. NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will give a presentation on the first day and the plenary will be presided over by Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai.
3. India’s Biggest M&E Services Market, enTTech 2018 Inaugurated
i. India’s biggest Media & Entertainment Services Market – enTTech 2018 was inaugurated in Mumbai. The market, spread over two days saw fast matchmaking between 100 international delegates and their Indian counterparts.
ii. The event was organized by Service Export Promotion Council (SEPC) in association with MEAI (Media & Entertainment Association of India) and supported by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
- Chairman of SEPC- Vivek Nair, Director General- Sangeeta Godbole.
- Indian film industry is the world’s largest industry in terms of the number of films produced.
4. Telangana Launches India’s 1st State-Led Incubator for Women
i. The government of Telangana launched Women Entrepreneurship Hub (WE-Hub), India’s first state-led incubator for women entrepreneurs.
ii. The incubator will help women entrepreneurs establish their own enterprises by providing services including seed funding, mentoring, and business guidance. Deepthi Ravula is heading the incubator as its Chief Executive Officer.
- Telangana CM- K Chandrashekhar Rao, Governor- ESL Narasimhan.
5. ‘Wings India 2018’ Event Inaugurated in Hyderabad
i. Telangana IT and Industries Minister K T Rama Rao inaugurated the biennial event on Civil Aviation and Aerospace titled ‘Wings India 2018’ at the Begumpet Airport.
ii. The four-day event was Jointly organised by the Civil Aviation Ministry, Airports Authority of India and the Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.