GK Update 08th February 2018
By: D.K Chaudhary
ii. Mahamastakabhisheka of Gommateshwara, who is also known as Bahubali takes place once in 12 years. It is an important Jain pilgrimage centre and lakhs of tourists visit Shravanbelagola to see 57 feet tall monolithic stone statue.
- Karnataka CM- Siddaramaiah, Governor- Vajubhai Vala.
- S Christopher is the chairman of DRDO.
- DRDO Headquarters in New Delhi.
- General Bipin Rawat is the Present Chief of Army Staff.
ii. Kolleru is one of the largest freshwater lakes in the country. Atapaka village is located on the borders of the Krishna and the West Godavari districts.
- Andhra Pradesh CM- N Chandrababu Naidu, Governor- ESL Narasimhan.
- TTCSP conducts a research on the role policy institutes play in governments and civil societies around the world.
ii. The curriculum developed by NCERT in collaboration with Google will be used to train students from class I – class XII across 1.4 million schools in India. The curriculum is spread into four themes – being smart, being safe, being a digital citizen and being future ready.