1. PM Modi Inaugurates New Headquarters Building of ASI
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the new Headquarters building of the Archaeological Survey of India in New Delhi.
ii. The new Headquarters building is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including energy-efficient lighting and rainwater harvesting. It will also include a Central Archaeological Library with a collection of about one lakh 50 thousand books and journals.
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is a Government of India (Ministry of Culture) organisation responsible for archaeological research and the conservation and preservation of cultural monuments in the country.
- It was founded in 1861 by the British Raj.
2. Gujarat Approves Rs 39-crore ‘Seema Darshan’ Project
i. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has given in-principle approval for the 39-crore rupees ‘Seema Darshan’ project for developing more infrastructure facilities from T-Junction to Zero Point at Nadabet near Suigam in Banaskantha district to instil patriotism through a unique Gujarat initiative for border tourism.
ii. The project being developed on Wagah Border pattern, entails an exhibition hall, a parade ground with an amphitheatre for 5,000 people.
- Om Prakash Kohli is the present governor of Gujarat.
- Sardar Sarovar Dam built on river Narmada is the largest dam in Gujarat state.
3. 1st India Tourism Mart To Be Held In New Delhi
i. The first India Tourism Mart will be organized in New Delhi in September 2018 to create a global tourism mart for India on lines of major international travel marts.
ii. The Mart will provide a platform for stakeholders in the tourism and hospitality industries to interact and transact business opportunities. Tourism Minister K J Alphonsannounced that the 3 days long event will boost the tourism sector in the country.
4. MoU on Defence Salary Package Signed Between Indian Army And SBI
i. An MoU was signed between the Indian Army and State Bank of India on the Defence Salary Package. The signing-in ceremony was chaired by the Director-General (MP&PS), Lt Gen SK Saini in Mumbai.
ii. The first MoU between SBI and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed on 23 Feb 2015. This MoU will benefit a large number of serving and retired Army personnel who are having their accounts with SBI.
- General Bipin Rawat is the present and 27th Chief of Army Staff of Indian Army.
5. Forbes Releases 2018 List of America’s Richest Self-Made Women
i. Forbes released its fourth annual list of America’s Richest Self-Made Women. These 60 women, who have a record combined net worth of $71 billion, up 15% from $61.5 billion in 2017.
ii. Diane Hendricks, co-founder and chairman of ABC Supply, the nation’s largest roofing distributor, reclaims the top spot, with a net worth of $4.9 billion. Marian Ilitch, worth $4.3 billion, falls to the No. 2 spot.
iii. Kylie Jenner, who at not even 21 years old has built a $900 million cosmetics fortune with virtually no employees or capital. Kylie Cosmetics launched two years ago and has since sold more than $630 million worth of makeup.
Forbes- American Business Magazine, Founded in- 1917.
Headquarters- New York City, USA.