- Ashwani Lohani is the present Chairman of Indian Railways.
- Piyush Goyal is the present Cabinet Minister of Indian Railways.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development Bank established in 1966.
- Headquarters of ADB is in Manila, Philippines.
- Takehiko Nakao is Present President of the Asian Development Bank.
ii. The Summit will be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
5. IWAI Makes India’s 1st Standardised Modern Ship Design for Ganga a Reality
- Nitin Jairam Gadkari is the Minister of Road Transport and Highways and Minister of Shipping.
ii. Exercise KAKADU, which started in 1993, is the premier multilateral regional maritime engagement exercise hosted by the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and supported by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).
- Admiral Sunil Lanba is the present chief of Naval Staff of Indian Navy.
- ASEAN stands for Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- ASEAN is amongst the fastest growing markets in the world and presents substantial trade and investments opportunities for India.
- ASEAN has emerged as the second largest trade partner of India in 2017-18 with bilateral trade valued at US$ 81.33 billion, comprising 10.58% of India’s total trade with the world.
11. Women’s 4x400m Relay Team Wins Gold
ii. The Indian quartet of Hima Das, Raju Poovamma, Saritaben Laxmanbhai Gayakwad and Vismaya Koroth registered a time of 3 minutes and 28.72 seconds to finish at the top of the podium. India clinched the silver medal in the men’s 4X400 metre event.
- The Host cities for Asian Games 2018 are Jakarta and Palembang, Indonesia.
- Bhin Bhin, Kaka, and Atung are the mascots of the 2018 Asian Games.