1. PM Modi, French President Macron Jointly Inaugurate Solar Power Plant At Mirzapur In UP
i. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting French President Emmanuel Macron jointly inaugurated 101-megawatt solar power plant at Dadar Kala village in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh. The largest solar projects in the country has been set up by French company ENGIE.
ii. The company was awarded the project in 2016 with the cost of Rs. 680 crore. Solar Energy Corporation of India has signed Power purchase agreement for 25 years with the company.
2. Milk Production Up 20% In 2014-2017
i. According to Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Radha Mohan Singh, Milk production in the country increased by 20 percent from 137.7 million tonnes to 165.4 million tonnes between 2014 and 2017. Also, the per capita availability of milk has risen by 15.6 percent from 307 gms a day to 355 gms per day between 2013-14 and 2016-17.
ii. With a corpus of Rs 2,450 crore, the government has set up an AHIDF for financing infrastructure requirement of animal husbandry sector.
- AHIDF stands for Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund.
- 16th Convocation of the ICAR-NDRI (Deemed University), Karnal (Haryana) was held on 10th March 2018.
- Radha Mohan Singh represents Purvi Champaran constituency in Bihar state.
3. I- Metros’ -An Association Of All Indian Metro Rail Companies Launched By Cabinet Secretary
i. The Union Housing Ministry has launched ‘I-Metros’, an association of all-India metro rail companies, which will act as a forum of exchange of ideas and innovations.
ii. The association was launched by Cabinet Secretary P.K. Sinha at an event “Indian Metros: Collaborating for Excellence” in the presence of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Managing Director Mangu Singh in New Delhi.
4. Rajasthan Passes Bill To Award Death Penalty For Those Who Rape Girls Under 12 Years Of Age
i. Rajasthan assembly has passed an amendment bill awarding death penalty for convicts involved in the rape of girls below 12 years of age. State Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria introduced ‘The Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) Bill, 2018’ in the assembly, which was passed in the House by a voice vote following a debate.
ii. The new amendment added sections 376-AA and 376-DD to the Indian Penal Code, 1860. The amendment says that a person who is convicted of raping/gang-raping a girl up to twelve years of age will be given a death sentence or rigorous imprisonment, which shall not be less than fourteen years and 20 years, respectively.
- Capital of Rajasthan- Jaipur
- CM of Rajasthan- Vasundhara Raje
- Governor of Rajasthan- Kalyan Singh
5. Floating Lab Set Up To Monitor Manipur’s Loktak Lake.
i. The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Laboratory (IBSD), Imphal, set up a floating laboratory in northeast India’s largest freshwater lake, Loktak to constantly monitor its water quality and eventually improve it.
ii. The laboratory was inaugurated by Manipur’s Forest and Environment Minister, Thounaojam Shyamkumar Singh in Imphal, Manipur.