- Nirmala Sitharaman is the present Defence Minister of India.
- The convention 15th PBD 2019 will be held at Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh from January 21 to 23, 2019.
- West Bengal CM: Mamta Bannerjee, Governor: Keshari Nath Tripathi.
- The man behind the development of dog park is an IAS officer Harichandana, Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Zonal Commissioner.
ii. The current set of investments will focus on fostering innovation and entrepreneurship through the Atal Innovation Mission .
ii. The pilot project includes two 5.5 kilometre-stretches in Jammu, the performance of which will be monitored, and based on the feedback improvements will be made for the rest of the system.
- The first Sagarmatha Friendship exercise was held in April 2017 at Nepal Army’s Para Training School in Maharajgunj in Kathmandu (capital of Nepal).
- Nepal Capital- Kathmandu, President: Bidya Devi Bnadari.
- China President: Xi Jinping, Capital: Beijing, Currency: renminbi.
10. International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer: 16 September
ii. The move will help PayU promote inclusive growth in the country by catering to the diverse financial needs of various segments of the society. The approval from the central bank is subject to “certain pending RBI compliance”.
- PayU India is a digital payments firm owned by South Africa’s Naspers Ltd.
- PayU India managing director Jitendra Gupta.
ii. The move thrusts the brash 53-year-old entrepreneur, who helped lead the shift of software to an on-demand model, into a new role: media baron. TIME magazine publisher Time Inc was sold to Meredith for $1.8 billion in January 2018.
- Time was founded in 1923.
ii. Recently, it had acquired US digital creative and consumer insight agency WongDoody for $75 million.
- Infosys CEO: Salil Parekh, Headquarters: Bengaluru.
ii. The Bank has already obtained in principle approval of the Reserve Bank of India for the creation of a subsidiary company. The proposed company will integrate and handle all the back-end operations of the Bank.
- Shyam Srinivasan is the Managing Director & CEO of Federal Bank.
- It Headquarters in Aluva, Kerala.
ii. The NABARD is funding the central and state share of 99 prioritised irrigation projects under the PMKSY through long term irrigation fund (LTIF). It is mandated to provide Rs 70,000 crore loan to these projects to be completed by 2019.
- NABARD Chairman- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 12 July 1982.
ii. The laser, known as ATLAS (Advanced Topographic Laser Altimeter System), splits into six beams and fires 10,000 pulses per second to collect very precise measurements for scientists to analyze.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the Federal government of the United States responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.
- It was founded on 1958.
- Jim Bridenstine is the present Administrator of NASA.
- Chairman of ISRO: Dr. K Sivan.
- Headquarters of ISRO- Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- PSLV stands for Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle.
ii. The award, under the category of ‘Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions in Region A’, was presented by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu to PNB Chief Executive and MD Sunil Mehta.
- Sunil Mehta is the CEO of Punjab National Bank.
- It headquarters in New Delhi.
ii. Prior to this appointment, Kumar was designated as Deputy Managing Director (HR) & Corporate Development Officer of India’s largest bank.
- SBI Chairman- Rajnish Kumar, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 01st July 1955.
ii. Sudan has been grappling with an acute foreign exchange shortage and inflation above 65% for several months.
- Omar al-Bashir is the present President of Sudan.
- Sudan Capital: Khartoum, Currency: Sudanese pound.
ii. In the youth competition, Jyoti, a former world champion and India’s only boxer to have qualified for Youth Olympic Games in Argentina, out-classed Poland’s Tatiana Pluta.